OK, now that new painting booth has been set up, progress has been made (and I discovered just how 'glugged up' one of my airbrushes was - Alclad Airbush Cleaner is the SHIZZ!!!

) on both the D-15 and the Cylon Raider - but for a change I'll try and stick to the D-15...
They say that paint can hide a multitude of sins...
Well, who ever said that is an idiot - all the lovely, hard Alclad Primer MicroFiller has done is to show up things I thought were done, but in fact need more work! I've learnt TWO things from this; firstly, my contours around the aft part of the engine mount bulge need work and 'crisping up' and secondly, I am not happy with the panel lines...
While little, if anything exists to show exactly how the D-15 Engine Panels were arranged, I think my approach to the problem is too rooted in the Focke-Wulf/Jumo world, not the Roland/Daimler-Benz world. Despite having filled and re-engraved some lines, looking at it now in smooth black paint makes me think this is just all wrong! Roland had to build a new 'deck' and parts of the upper engine fairing (that didnt have troughs for the guns), so why make it more complex and also redesign the DB engine Treibwerk?
So I am changing my mind and running with the plan outlined below - RED is existing DB605LA/Ta152C panels; BLUE is my panels (based on my Focke-Wulf/Jumo thoughts) that will be removed; GREEN is both DB605LA/Ta152C panels that will be restored and possibly carried over the 'deck-lid'; while LIGHT-BLUE is and optional (Ta152C) means of carrying the panel line over the 'deck-lid'. Existing DB605LA Treibwerk drawings show something like the later, which is currently winning...
Looks pretty cool when you hold the BIG DB605LA supercharger intake upto the LH Side too!