Eduard 1/48 Fw 190D-9.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
When its released in January, I for one, will buy one.....or two.....or....:oops:

JANUARY KITS – THE DORA IS COMING!
And believe me, she is in fine form! The kit has many interesting features, one of which is the rear engine accessories, seen through the bottom when viewed through the landing gear well open roof, as well as in the upper view through the open machine gun hatch – if left open, although this can easily be built in the closed position. I have no doubt that some guys will cry 'over-engineered', but after seeing the test shots, I have no reason to believe that this kit doesn't benefit immensely from this feature. Another area I like is the tail, with five various types of riveting, one among them represented as positive rivets. But I need to leave myself something to write about in next month's newsletter! Check out the marking schemes. As I said above, a lot of thought and research went into them, and they should satisfy every modeling connoisseur.

Contents:
•6 attractive Luftwaffe marking options
•Early flat and late bulged canopy
•Color photo-etched details
•Express mask
•Machine gun hatch engineered for all know hatch variants
•Kit provides realistically engineered open landing wheel well roof with engine backside and other inner fuselage equipment inside

Marking Option:
•5./JG 301 Bad Langensalza, Germany, Spring 1945 ("White 12", W.Nr. 500408.)
•Oblt. Hans Dortenmann, 3./JG 26, May 1945 ("Yellow 1", W.Nr. 210003)
•Stab/JG 4, Frankfurt/Rheim - Main, Germany, April 1945 ("Black <1", W.Nr. 600150)
•I./EKG(J), Pilsen, Czechoslovakia, May 1945 ("Red 18", W.Nr. 211115")
•Stab/JG 6, Prague-Rusin, Czechoslovakia, May 1945 ("Black <4", W.Nr. 211164)
•Oblt. Hans Dortenmann, 14./JG 26, March 1945 ("Black 1", W.Nr. 210003)

US Retail: $39.95

Come ooon January!:oops::lol:

Attachments

• Dora 1.jpg
    Dora 1.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 299
  • Dora 2.jpg
    Dora 2.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 311
  • Dora 3.jpg
    Dora 3.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 307
  • Dora 4.jpg
    Dora 4.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 313
This will most certainly be a Birthday present in 2010....already put 'She who must be obeyed' on notice for one!

Jan, did you notice the first cad image from the 1-2 oclock view, on Eduards site was of the D-11/13? This will follow within a few months of the D-9.:D

I am willing that the Dora gods smile and all of you purchase and make Dora 9's of JG 301.

so shall it be written and so shall it be done ........... !

E ~

I have some surprises for Dora-nutz of JG 301...........ah but do I dare share, hmmmmmmmmmmm

ok guys go to it get the kit

You mean you have other pics and info on "Glykol" from 6./JG 301 Erich? *Winks* :lol:

Last edited:
as a matter of fact ................ 8) yes other Doras of II./JG 301 overall in 5-7th staffels, as there were none in 8th staffel except borrowed crates to fill ranks on ops with the staffel A-8/A-9's

^^^

Nice Erich! Actually I have some JG 301 questions for you pertaining to Fritz Yung and Ferdinand Kray but I'll put that in a seperate thread as they were Bf 109 pilots...

Just seeing how you guys are bubbling over this new FW-190d-9 almost makes me want to start building plastic
scale. But, no... I'll stick with the balsa-tissue flying models. Sure would like to see pic's of one completed, tho...

Charles

I am posting the backcover of the new Dora volume 2 by EE, check out who is on the back cover...................yuk yuk

Attachments

• dora2bookreviewbg_1.jpg
    dora2bookreviewbg_1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 218

Users who are viewing this thread

Back