Eduard 1/48 Spitfire Mk IX - late version

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, guys. Little progress so far this week. Been busy with the job hunt thing. I hope to get more done over the next couple of days. I'll post some progress in a day or two.

Thanks, viking!

Ok, I have a question. I have been looking into the oxygen system on the Mk IX and I cannot find any pictures showing an O2 line anywhere. It is myb understanding that the smaller tank just aft of the seat on the rgt hand side is the oxygen bottle. Did that run straight to the mask? No oxygen regulator involved? Any help with this detail would be much appreciated as I am a very close to ready to close this one up.

Y.jpg

Someone else should come along and set everything straighter.

Geo

Thanks, Geo! At least I now know I need to create an O2 hose. Just wrapped some CAT5 single strand around a length of solid conductor #26 wire. Things look good under the magnifying lense. Now I just to get a better look at the termination points to figure out what else needs to be scratched up. Do you by any chance have the legend to that pic you posted? I would love to know what the numbers correspond to. Sorry to be a pain in the arse.

This was taken through my magnifying lamp in an attempt to get a better pic. The dime is for a scale reference.

O2 Hose.JPG

Last edited:
Hey, Andy,
One quick question, I assume in your drawing that all the various plumbing and hardware are all the rgt side of the airframe?

BTW, Geo, I got your email. Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Ok, I did get some more work done this evening.

I added the O2 hose. I need to touch it up a tad before I close the fuse up. You can also see the "bulbs" I added here as well. I wanted to get more 3D effect here and I think it is ok. You can just see the voltage regulator in the 1st pic. It is very clear in the 2nd pic. Lastly, you can make out the priming pump as well.
RgtSideCockpit.JPG
VoltReg.JPG

Last, you can see the left side. I added just a bit here. The line between the two compressed air bottles and the cable for the throttle quadrant. The two placards are decals from Airscales Allied Placards decal sheet.
LftSideCockpit.JPG

I hope to finish up and get the fuse closed by tomorrow night.

Addendum:
Ok, I have done 2 spits back to back. One thing I have run into on both is the fact that the IP "bulkhead" is a tad too thick resulting in a small gap when you go to join the fuse halves. Not a large gap, mind you. But, with the cockpit glass detail molded into the fuse, I felt it would be best to sand down the IP to get the fuse halves closed up nice and tight. This is another reason why I chose NOT to build the entire cockpit assembly first then add it to the fuselages.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back