F-4E Kurnass '222' Yom Kippur War Oct. 1973

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne,

Not sure if you need them but TwoBobs will be releasing a set of 1:48 scale F-4C/D/E stencil data soon.

Here's what their newsletter from 8/15 said, "The F-4 Data Stencils below are not available for order yet. Look for those in a couple of more weeks once we get the instruction sheets done. Those have turned into quite the chore to complete."

Here's the pics:

Attachments

• 48-225.jpg
    48-225.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 48-225-2.jpg
    48-225-2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 127
The Phantom has got to be one of those birds with two weeks' worth of stencils to apply! Pity those 'dry' stencil sheets aren't still available, they saved a lot of time and effort.

I've used the dry stuff before had the two extremes with them one set worked a treat....the other friggin' useless as t!ts on a bull...

Spent today sanding the fuselage spine and filling and rescribing 2 round hatches that I wasn't happy with, along with some sanding around the nose join...

Whacked a bit of paint over some seams to check my work...only one pic worked....damnit....more tomorrow...

the upper fuselage is pretty good...probably 95% satisfied...one or two spots probably need a bit of extra work...

Attachments

• 33_Seams Check_1530.JPG
    33_Seams Check_1530.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 113

Users who are viewing this thread

Back