F-86 of Capt. Charles McSwain Suwon, Korea (1953)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good stuff H.
I've been out of it too H, I either haven't got the energy or inclination, or, when I have, my hands are too darned stiff! Haven't done any modelling for around three months!

Thanks guys, I'll try for some pictures today

Primer looks good, just the forward wheel well needs a little care and I should be good for aluminum

Update....

Primers on....there were big issues with the foward wheel well but thats being taken care of currently..will post pictures of that later.

The only other area needed fixing was underside towards the rear of fuselage. Filled it with putty, used the Q tip and Nail polish trick so I didn't have to sand.

Also Wojtek.... is it Talc Powder, Future, and Grey paint that makes a 'filler' like mixure than I can use to test instead of sraying it with primer to check again

Attachments

• IMG_1851.jpg
    IMG_1851.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1855.jpg
    IMG_1855.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1857.jpg
    IMG_1857.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1858.jpg
    IMG_1858.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1859.jpg
    IMG_1859.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1861.jpg
    IMG_1861.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1860.jpg
    IMG_1860.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Getting there H, although you might still have to do some sanding.
A fine filler can be made by mixing talc with an enamel or polyurethane gloss varnish, or light grey enamel paint. Mixing talc with Future looks like it's worked, but when fully dry, and especially after sanding, the Talc can fall out as dust!
A 'thicker' gloss varnish is required, in order to bind the Talc, and it should look like a sort of grey porridge !

Couple pictures showing respray needed fixing, the gap was filled and looks great, and thats the finished nose....im using a cheapo camera since my little brother borrowed mine for a camp so bear with me...resprayed and it looks great...pics of that when dry

Attachments

• IMG_1862.JPG
    IMG_1862.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1863.JPG
    IMG_1863.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1864.JPG
    IMG_1864.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 72

Users who are viewing this thread

Back