Favorite Bombers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

plan_D said:
The bigger the bomber, logically the more it can carry. So the more it can destroy on the ground. It wasn't stupid in those days because the restrictions were on the engines, until jets came a long.
if u have a big bomber you need big engins than you need more fule, but you need to propel that fule so there are limetations thet ww2 people did not understand.

Attachments

• too_little_too_late_212.jpg
    too_little_too_late_212.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 893
They did understand, they weren't stupid. But as you can see from all the World War 2 bombers bigger could normally carry more. The B-29 could carry more than the B-17 because it was bigger.

Yes, there's always a balance. A normally that balance can be moved further with a bigger bomber, if that makes sense.

I think he means there are practical limits to how large a bomber can be. That being said, in general, the bigger the bomber, the bigger the payload and the longer the range.

modern bombers have ECMs to counter the threat of missiles, although they don't really work if the missile's fired from short range, but your right, bombers will always be vunerable to fighters....................

But, as the famous saying goes, "the bomber will always get through."

Well the saying isn't a reference to a single bomber. The basic idea is that bombers will always be a viable weapon.

the age of the bomber hsa past, the leading air unit today is the halicopter. the bombers will still be used but not like in ww2.

Attachments

• too_little_too_late_452.jpg
    too_little_too_late_452.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 850
bombers will always be needed, and how's the helicopter the leading air unit today, yes it's vital for logistics, but aeroplanes will always be needed to get and maintain air superiority..................

And helicopters pose almost zero threat to jet aircraft while the helicopters are extremely vulnerable to enemy fighters.

Lightning Guy said:
And helicopters pose almost zero threat to jet aircraft while the helicopters are extremely vulnerable to enemy fighters.

I think bombers and fighters will always be needed, but I want to point out something...

Helicopters are extremely vulnerable to ennemy fighters, but they are very, very heavily armed. I heard a veteran of the Gulf war (a fighter pilot) saying that, if a helicopter can lock a missile on you before you can see it, you're already dead !

Helicopters are a threat to everything, even jets (mostly because of their missiles (and the load of them they can carry)).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think some helicopters can carry up to 30 missiles. So if the first miss you, the second won't... And (when they can carry that much missiles) they don't realy bother to fire a second one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back