Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brad Paisley

• Alan Jackson

• Sugarland

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mkloby

Senior Master Sergeant
Sep 10, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
There's all this hubbub about metal and such - thought I'd bring up another genre. Does anyone here listen to country???

Vote for your favorite country artist here!

I am abbsolutely not a country fan. I do like Alabama and Toby Kieth. Got to see Toby Kieth when he did a free concert over here at our airfield. He was really cool and took the time to meet all of us soldiers and our families.

Now having said that. Most country (in my opinion) is twangy and depressing.

"Theres a tear in my beer, for you my dear, cuz your the only one on my lonely MIIIIEEEEND!"

MIIIIEEEEND = Mind

Oh yeah and I wanted to add.

No one really wants to listen to "My achie breaky Heart.... when you are flying.

For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica is much better to listen to when on a mission! :lol:

41542.gif

If I'm forced to listen to "s**t kicking music" as one of my friends call it I hope that it's old school....
Nothing against the music genre as such, my mum and dad loves it.

Hey now I said I liked Alabama and Toby Keith! The only reason I like Toby though is because he supports the military so much.

Yeah - he does. The vast majority of country artists do, which is in sharp contrast to mainstream pop BS artists out there. Look at how the dixie chicks got ostracized by the country community with their nonsense.

Where are any of the southerners in this forum. 9 out of 10 country boys listen to country - it's quite fashionable to loathe it back in the northeast... people look at me like holding hands with a naked midget when I'm home playing country... dirty jersey

Well everytime I have lived in the US, I have lived in the South and I hate country music.

My father grew up in the South and he is a big country fan. I hate it! It is depressing, makes me want to shoot myself because my wife ran away, my dog was run over, and my house burnt down. :lol:

Well everytime I have lived in the US, I have lived in the South and I hate country music.

My father grew up in the South and he is a big country fan. I hate it! It is depressing, makes me want to shoot myself because my wife ran away, my dog was run over, and my house burnt down. :lol:

Oh come on now, that's only 95% of country. There's still the other 5% :D

Actually the thing I love best about country is much of it is about life, growing up, and things you can relate to. I've never slayed a beast, ate a bat, or rolled down the street smoking endo sipping on gin and juice. That's so ridiculous I can't even say it w/o laughing.

You know, recalling some Metallica songs that I know, they aren't exactly bright sunshiney day tunes :D

I'm not a country fan but I do like the Dixiechicks and the and there is some great older stuff Snow, Cash but there is great music in every single genre

Urban just cause he's Australian.......

I know Hetfields a country fan so thats why I can tolerate it......... lol

gotta admit some very hot ladies in country music, sarah evans, jennifer nettles, terri clark, Shania...

Urban just cause he's Australian.......

I know Hetfields a country fan so thats why I can tolerate it......... lol

I included Keith Urban although I can't stand him - gotta change the station when he comes on. Funny item about him - he's a recovering alcoholic I heard - but while he's on tour he is apparently wearing a bracelet or such that will detect traces of alcohol in sweat. Apparently it is so Nicole will trust him??? I don't know if it's true... but wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back