Favorite Fictional Aircrew Member

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Flyboy2

Senior Airman
Mar 10, 2008
Las Vegas, Nevada
I was just wondering who was everybodies favorite fictional aircrew member and reason why. This can be a pilot, bombardier, gunner, just anybody who was an aircrew member. Also, this doesn't have to necissarily be in the air, space pilots and such can count as well. So I'll get things started, I have two favorites.
1) Captain John Yossarian Catch-22
yossarian.jpg

Probably my favorite person to board an airplane in fiction. Yossarian is incredibly funny and a genius at bending words. His scheme's to get out of difficult missions are always creative and his "insanity" makes him extremely awesome. He is going to "live forever or die in the attempt".
2) Major T.J. "King" Kong Dr. Strangelove
normal_dr_strangelove01.jpg

Major Kong is just such a likable guy, with his cowboy hat and strong accent. I'm pretty sure he was the prototype George W. Bush. Besides being the best B-52 cowboy pilot in the USAF, he has one of the best deaths ever, riding an atomic bomb straight down to the B-52's Soviet targets... "YE-HAW!"

And so I'm wondering what everybody elses favorites are either from literature or film... I'm looking forward to what you guys post.

Capt. Wild Bill Kelso

reason: john Belushi is so funny in this movie

Attachments

• belushi2.jpg
    belushi2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 729
Last edited:
Got a number of favorite fictional pilots...hard to say who's my top fav, though.

Here's a few:
Col. R. E. Hogan - Hogan's Heros
Joe Sullivan, Commander of the Flying Legion - Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Maj. D. Kirby, VMF-247 - (John Wayne) Flying Leathernecks
And, let's not forget Hpt. K. Volk - http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/stories/109-comic-16389.html

In addition to those listed, theres Capt. Fank Towns (Jimmy Stewart who also did a pretty good Charles Lindbergh - although hes not a fictional character)

Attachments

• Frank-Towns.jpg
    Frank-Towns.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 506
  • jimmy.jpg
    jimmy.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 515
Gees, how could I forget about Col Wilma Deering from Buck Rogers. My first true love....

Attachments

• ErinGray.jpg
    ErinGray.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 92
Jester and Iceman from Top Gun. That movie was my favorite movie of the decade.

13c7721cebfc7e58

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back