Finally won one

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

tyrodtom

Senior Master Sergeant
Sep 6, 2010
pound va
At the end of the 2009 racing season my circle track car was pretty much destroyed by another driver. So over the winter I started over, got another car like it striped it, cut the roof off, transferred the cage from the other car, and all the drivetrain, suspension, fuel cell, and so on.

I let certain select other drivers racers race it about half the races, since that wreck, i'm a lot more selective.
Last year the car won 3 races, none with me driving it.
This year it came in 2nd the first race at Kingsport Speedway, the next week my buddy won. The next race I take the pole, but the clutch disintergrates on the race start. It's like anyone can win in MY car, but not me.
I got the car back together during the week, but the Friday race at Kingsport got rained out. So I went to the season opener at Lonesome Pine Raceway, got the outside pole. Me and the pole winner had our own private race for 24 laps, I got around him on the backstretch after the white flag and WON.

Not my first, but it had been almost 2 years, maybe the end of a long dry spell.

Tom, congradulations on your win. I do have some video of your first wreck and of your win, first you had problems getting into the car, then you literally "jumped" into first place

Attachments

• car-racing-lucky-win.gif
    car-racing-lucky-win.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 212
  • car-race-win.gif
    car-race-win.gif
    2 MB · Views: 210
  • funny-gifs-theyre-dukes-of-hazzard-wannabe.gif
    funny-gifs-theyre-dukes-of-hazzard-wannabe.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 228
Last edited:
I can't believe that cameraman still brings his camera up a gets a picture. Talk about staying cool under pressure.

I'm just about computer illiterate, i'll try to figure it out. Or post a link to a website with pictures when they post some.

Right on! Congrats, bro!!! :occasion5:

I can't believe that cameraman still brings his camera up a gets a picture. Talk about staying cool under pressure.

Not really. They edit out the part where he turns around and you get to see what's left of the seat of his pants....

There are some pictures on facebook, Lonesome Pine Raceway, April 2. I'm the blue/silver car 94. A 90 240 sx Nissan. Two car 94s won that night.

Wouldn't know a facebook if one walked up and said howy-do. but I found these on their web site. be that you?

Attachments

• 568_LPR-April11-06.jpg
    568_LPR-April11-06.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 150
  • 568_LPR-April11-07.jpg
    568_LPR-April11-07.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 143

Users who are viewing this thread

Back