**** FINISHED: 1/48 Bf 109F-2 - Winter War / Eastern Front WWII

fubar57

General
37,477
27,229
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Location
The Jungles of Canada
User Name: fubar57
Name: George
Category: Advanced
Kit: ICM
Accessories: Eagle Strike decals, wire stuff.

This model represents the aircraft "Yellow 6" Jg.54, winter, 1941

As always, I would like to thank those who offered info, assistance and all those who popped in with comments.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg


Geo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
With all here. :D :thumbright:
 
Great looking winter finish Geo! FWIW... the pictures on my monitor, color-balance wise, look a tad off. The white finish has a slightly yellowish tint.
 
Thanks very much guys...
Turned out nice Geo, and just under the wire.
The antenna wire almost did me in. 2lb. test fishing line isn't very friendly and with the dainty mast, it was almost 1 hour of frustration

Great looking winter finish Geo! FWIW... the pictures on my monitor, color-balance wise, look a tad off. The white finish has a slightly yellowish tint.
The cowling is a heavy wash of white over yellow. There is some debate whether yellow was used on the wing tips tops; I've seen one with in the fall of '41, so I used an even heavier wash to all but eliminate it. These might contribute to the yellowish tint you see.

Geo
 
Great job Geo! I like the markings on that one.
 
Good work Geo!
 
Very well done :thumbright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back