**** DONE: 1/48 Bf 109F-2 - Winter War / Eastern Front WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Done for another week. One thing I noticed as I was trying to line up and glue the fuselage was I couldn't get the tail section to quite look right so went for the best. Turns out the top of the tail was short shot and it's missing the antenna post. I'll make one out of plastic card when I get home. Have a good rest of your week gentlemen.

Geo

To be honest no one 109 in any scale have it but Zvezda has made the canvas in the wheel bays as memo serves.[/ATTACH]

The Cyber-Hobby 1/32 'Wing Tech' 1/32 kits have a really nice representation of the canvas liner. By far the best Bf 109 of any type and in any scale I've built by the way.

Cheers

Steve

That is looking very nice, George. Very nice indeed. I like how you have knocked down the ribs.

Thanks all. Still in night shift mode so a bit of a struggle getting back into it. As I am not adding the engine, I had to figure out how to mount the exhausts which required some pondering and a lot of test fitting. I think there's another easier way to do it...

004.JPG

...without having locating pins, the seam on the top of the engine cowling was a beast. No matter what breed of glue I used, it always popped apart, hence the chunk of plastic glued inside. In hindsight, I should have glued the two remaining cowling parts to their respective halves but at that time I wasn't sure if I was going to add the engine which might have required some fiddling to fit correctly. A trial fit show putty will be required. Hopefully I can start painting tomorrow.

Geo

Wow... you'd think it'd be simpler to leave the engine out and close the cowls. Handy adjustment... should look nice once it's buttoned up.

Thanks gentlemen. The main parts are together, I just have to scribe the top of the cowl and spine panel lines, add the air filter and putty the wing tip inserts. As with other kits that have this, the fit isn't the best, the tips being narrower than the wings. Thankfully, the worst is on the bottom. Hopeful to get this all sorted out tonight and start painting tomorrow.

007.JPG

Though hard to see, I added the antenna post to the top of the tail to make up for the short shot one.

Geo

Thanks guys. Added the weld seam to the cowl intake with some stretched sprue and then belaboured it into position as it was a tad over-sized. Painting starts tomorrow. With regards to the canopy, was the darker color always used, regardless of the color scheme?

002.JPG

Geo

Thanks Glenn. As the photo says....Hmmmm

004.JPG

....this aircraft didn't have under carriage covers attached so I filled the slots with white glue.

007.JPG

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back