**** DONE: 1/48 Bf 109F-2 - Winter War / Eastern Front WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just need to add some wiring and the side panels are done...

006.JPG

Geo

I decided to use the kit rudder pedals as they weren't that bad, they will be buried and have have a few kits with worse pedals. Touch ups needed. I made the straps from Tamiya tape. What color were the straps? In the Pilots Notes, they look like they are leather.

008.JPG

The start of the wiring, in situ for photo...

009.JPG

Geo

Great details on the cockpit! Foot pedals are something that I always feel regretful about... all that nice detail that gets buried!

Thanks gents. Took today off work as I had one vacation day left. Just waiting around now for the 2 o'clock bus back to camp. I did manage to put some straps around the wires and glue them into position. I also brush painted the wheel wells with the Vallejo Modelair version of RLM02 as my last remaining drops of Pollyscale succumbed with age. The Modelair brush paints smoothly.
That's it for me until Tuesday, have a great rest of your week guys.

Geo

Thanks all. Worked on the I.P. last night, all P.E., with just one tiny handle left to install. Right sidewall is done(until I noticed the missing oxygen hose while resizing the photos) with touch-up needed...

004.JPG

As I was doing a test fit of the fuselage, I noticed about a 1mm gap just ahead of the windscreen. I placed the windscreen in position to make sure it fit(it did) and will have to deal with the gap. The two cowl pieces added to the fuselage halves fit pretty good so I'm not sure what happened here...

002.JPG

...I'm not going to add the engine so I've gotta figure how to deal with the exhausts and cowl guns.

Geo

Innards are done and thanks to macro, touch-ups are necessary. As mentioned in an earlier post, I couldn't get acrylic RLM66 to cover the RLM41 on the I.P. so I'm stuck with Eduards interpretation of I.P. color. I've also added some plastic strip in front of the windscreen and will shape that up in between period.

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG

Geo

Thanks guys. Was just about to button things up when I went back to Andy's build and read about the fit issue concerning the firewall interfering. Off to grind.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back