First area to legalize Marijuana

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am. Unless someone is terminally ill with cancer (not even then really) there is no cure. If you need pot to not be depressed anymore that's an issue.

VB medical use for what ? those poor folks in need need some good vibes by having positive and caring friends, we have all that make weed legal and it has been going on here since the 60's when communes were becoming the rage.

if you all want a positive outlook on life then get outside of your hole and go exercise, and I know for some this will be a struggle

What the hell? Ok I don't want to waste my life so I am going to be boring. That's a bit unreasonable. Did Bill Gates smoke pot? Did Edison Smoke pot? Did Newton smoke pot? Nope they were all famous.

Go smoke a joint "It'll magically heal you!"

F*cking ridiculous BS

Some interesting reading. Among other things It has shown benefits to patients with Glaucoma as well as a few others.

AMA - Report 6 of the Council on Scientific Affairs (A-01) Full t

Personally I have never tried it, and have no desire. But I would also not ignore the medical potential benefits of it. To me it should be treated just like any other controlled drug. Those that medically need it should have access to it, those that don't, don't.

Erich,

I'd never heard of anything like the brain-destroying cannabis 'poisoning' you refer to, and nor did a cursory Google search turn up anything remotely like what you've described.

Can you supply a link to a credible source that will verifiy your claim?

B-17: You completely misinterpreted my post. I'm willing to accept that the fault lies with my own writing deficiencies, but I will not respond unless you can assure me that you understand that I was not attacking YOU, but only your argument. And that you understand that I was neither intending to patronize, nor humiliate you.

JL

That's alright Harrison, nobody tries to make you change you mind, far from it my friend...
This is probably (I'm sure that I'm wrong) the least dangerous drugs if you compare to cocain, crack, heroin etc.....

But it you are already very very ill, why waste your few days or months smoking. Smoking in itself is bad without the marijuana.

Well, if you are dying and the use of this either helps you directly or dealing with side effects of other drugs, why live the rest of your short life in pain??

No matter how many facts you have I am not changing my mind.

No offense, but that statement scares the hell out of me.

That's cool mate, I don't think that anyone think that you are... :D I think that it has been proven (might be wrong again) that this stuff do help people that has somekind of illness, help them in such a way that modern medicin do not do. I think that I read something about a case here in Scotland last year, about an older lady, well 50+ I think, that grown her own stuff because it eased her pain, and did so in a way that the medicin prescribed(?) to her did not....

...and honestly, what do we know what they put in medicin today.

VB here its an illegal substance. On this matter I honestly don't give a S*IT if you can put all the facts in the world. ITS illegal FOR A REASON only certain people use it for medical purposes for a REASON.

(Not directed at u VB just in general.)

But it you are already very very ill, why waste your few days or months smoking. Smoking in itself is bad without the marijuana.

Because if marihuana is one of the very few things that'd make your miserable life more bearable, so that you could enjoy at least a little of the time you've got left, then my bet is that you would smoke the stuff.

I don't mind marihuana as a medical treatment, prescribed by doctors and used as a medical resource to make someone's life bearable, it's the illegal use I dislike.
I've seen a friend go from a normal, sensibly, reasonable young man to someone who claimed that he could move things just by thinking of it, and he also claimed that there were spirits or ghosts in his apartment that he could talk with, and learn stuff about healing with herbs and mind powers.
And he had started smoking that stuff every day while I knew him.
I did what I could to try and stop him from smoking that sh**, but no-no-no-no - it was good for you, it didn't do any harm, and it wasn't any more dangerous than getting a beer with the guys after work.
Right.

Well - you can only do so much, and after that our friendship dwindled out, mainly because he didn't want to hear me dissing his "good stuff", and because we both lost our patience with each other. He was too far gone for my taste in friends, and according to him, I was getting too conservative and square for his liking.
And brutally honestly speaking; by that time the loss of him as a friend became more of a relief than anything else.

I met him a few years ago after he quit the stuff, and he went back to being almost normal, but he was easier to stress and he still had some pretty exotic ideas about how life worked out, but it was still a lot better than his spirit-talk-bulls***.
We don't see each other any more, and to tell you guys the truth, it doesn't bother me. It's a relief by now.
So there's no way that anyone can convince me that smoking that stuff for so-called "recreational" purposes will do any good for anyone.

But given that the drug is being used under controlled medical circumstances and in a more pure form (- for example in hospitals and hospices) than what you can get on the street, so that you avoid the worst of the sad side effects, I'd say that it can be a help for those who are terminally or chronically ill. And that's okay with me.

Cheers,

Maria.

Last edited:
Thanks Maria. Glad your friend quit. So that in itself proves that it isn't as 'healing' as its portrayed to be. It may heal. But not to the extent people say it does.I understand it isn't the worst illegal substance. But its still an illegal substance.

Last edited:
Okey-Dokey...

Just for the record, I am not Sinsimillia Sam I Am trying to shove THC-laced green eggs and ham down your throat.

And here's a little something you can use for a motto when people ask about your views:

"When you are right, you have a moral duty to impose your will on others."

~ Tomas deTorquemada, Inquisitor-General of Spain

JL

The last thing I'd do is hoist my views on anyone , but some of us have made choices and live with our choices . Would I want my kid toking thats a definate no, but nor do I want them to drink

Users who are viewing this thread

Back