First area to legalize Marijuana

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Why tobacco? Believe me I think Tobacco is just another way to ruin a life. But you don't get high off tobacco you don't get nearly as many bad affects as you would with Marijuana.

First link has more risks than good.

As for the myths. The Heart issues says when cooking marijuana it affects the heart. That alone is bad. Half of them back up the reasons why its bad.

This goes back to my original point, just because something has bad side effects, should it be illegal?

Answer the question honestly...

B-17engineer said:
So people need Marijuana to keep from being depressed? A bit weird. Still the fact the THC has been increased by 25% in the past 40 years suggest people want more outta marijuana for what it is.

Ever thought that people might just like it and it might be becoming more and more socially excepted?

Nope. Everything else shouldn't because it isn't going to make you do dumb things like Illegal substances do.Illegal substances change peoples lives so yes for marijuana and other substances should be. Other things no.

But why add more ? If it is what it is why no leave it? Why make it worse?

I don't care if it is legal or not. To each his own. In my opinion, there should be severe penalties for supplying anyone under 21 with weed. Of all my aquaintences from high school, there is a marked difference in the lives of those that smoked weed heavily during adolescence and those that maybe smoked occasionally or not at all. It may seem harmless to adults but for teenagers the effects on the brain are harmful.

If marijuana is to be legalized then there should be a law implemented that somehow only legalizes American weed. A way to make it cheaper then weed smuggled in through Mexico. The skyrocketing violence in Mexico over the drug trade is alarming and will soon become a huge national security issue especially in the Southwest.

Last edited:
I agree fully with Amsel! I said this earlier. I don't want drugs but if the government is dumber than the already are and legalize it. Stay in your dam house smoke and wait till the affects wear off.

Why tobacco?

Because people smoke more cigarettes than they would smoke joints. There are over 19 substances in cigarettes for example that are known to cause cancer. The WHO estimates that aprox. 5 million people die each year from smoking tobacco, 100 million died in the 20th century from it.

How many died from smoking pot? Studies have shown that there are no known cases of "pot overdose" or death caused by marijuana.

So what is more harmful to your health?

The point is, someone that smokes cigarettes or drinks alcohol is harming themselves and accepting the risk. It is not harming you by them doing so (to an extent, 2nd hand smoke can be harmful). The same however can be said about marijuana. Someone else smoking it, is not effecting you. Let them except the risks, who cares...

B-17engineer said:
But you don't get high off tobacco you don't get nearly as many bad affects as you would with Marijuana.

Not true again...

Each and every drug out there causes its own form of "high". The effects that a person smoking has, are a "high", (raised blood pressure, raised awareness, calm feeling, etc...)

Smoking has many many more bad side effects. Trust me I know. I used to be a cigarette smoker. Fortunately I have quit...

Read all of this below:

Health effects of tobacco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nope. Everything else shouldn't because it isn't going to make you do dumb things like Illegal substances do.Illegal substances change peoples lives so yes for marijuana and other substances should be.

:lol: You are so wrong. Sorry...

Well you are not wrong, you are just blind to a few things. Answer these questions:

How does alcohol not make you do dumb things?

How does alcohol not change your life?

How does marijuana make you do dumb things?

But why add more ? If it is what it is why no leave it? Why make it worse?

Last edited:
Ok. I'll give you that. But I just don't like the whole idea of the leaglization of it. That's the whole idea. Not comparing it to other drugs. I am not saying alcohol doesn't do that. I just don't think the stuff should be legal. Marijuana makes you do dumb things in academics my brother knows kids in high school who smoke (They try in school) my brother doesn't talk to them but they are failing all classes. They are trying but no results.

I have to go eat dinner. Have a nice night. :D

Last edited:
I don't care if it is legal or not. To each his own.

And that is the whole point as well. To each there own.

I do agree though that just like tobacco and alcohol it should not be legal for minors.

if the government is dumber than the already are and legalize it. S

So the Dutch are dumb....;)

Last edited:
Ok. I'll give you that. But I just don't like the whole idea of the leaglization of it.

That is your right. No one is arguing that.

B-17engineer said:
Marijuana makes you do dumb things in academics my brother knows kids in high school who smoke (They try in school) my brother doesn't talk to them but they are failing all classes. They are trying but no results.

I doubt that it is the marijuana that is making them fail there classes.

The dutch covernment is dumb! believe me

you must be off the planet if dope is good for the soul and no reasoning behind it can change my mind. my dear wifes second bro died of cannibus poisoning with his brain during atopsy looked like swiss cheese... sorry it is medically proven it is neither safe or good for you, I was waiting for the test results with my lovely bride after her bro died at the Portland hospital, you should of seen this vibrant 50 something man fall down to a crooked bent over 95 year old walking like a penguin uttering nothing as he lost his communique' for speech just starring blindly. guess what I am getting at is I can think of **cking myself up in another way and do it healthy like riding my bike till may *ss falls off

leave it to my state to be the first on the hit list, other states will follow under the same ' oh yeah it's safe genere"

sorry guys but I also have a good friend as a climbing partner back in the late 70's when we were training on Mt. Hood up to my north and east of Portland when I lived there almost succumb to the evil weed. he is still mucked up to this day though is trying to get his life on track.

have nothing positive in any way shape or form to back weed in any good way. Crap we are one of the largest growing areas in the states, and drgndog can easily back this up as it is almost in his backyard. good ol "Rogue Gold" and I do not mean the local cheese.

Last edited:
Any chance of that in English Erich? I think I missed 90% of your post. I can only assume you had a couple of joints before you wrote that with all those spelling and grammatical errors?

There is no medical proof cannabis killed anyone.

Last edited:
Pot is bad. I'm sure you can make some sense. His wifes second brother died of cannibus poisoning and his brain at the autopsy looked like swiss cheese. Pot is bad and in no way good.

Nothing positive about Marijuana which was my point all along :D

90 % lost < figures it must be all the smoke from bad doobie. everyone needs to make the choice one way or another, I was somewhat influenced during high school and brief stint in college before someone had the brain fart to send those not so willing on overseas escapades.

my feelings is note everything you can about this stuff, we are all created different and how we are going to handle drugs of any type injesting through mouth, nose or ears

Well Harry, you have a long boring puberty ahead of you. Best of luck.

I take it f*cking girls is out of the picture too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back