Fokker F.V11B-3M southern cross

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
i started 2 projects tonight after a very busy day at work,these kits help me take my mind off all the daily hassle,

Fokker F.V11B-3 southern cross by Novo,i thought i'd have ago at one of my interwar kits for a change to get me in the mood to do some more to the Gamecock already on the go,pics to follow shortly

bob493.jpg

bob494.jpg

bob508.jpg

bob509.jpg

bob510.jpg

bob496.jpg

bob495.jpg

bob497.jpg

bob511.jpg

i got a bit bored with the tv so this one has progressed very quickly,more pics to follow shortly

i forgot to take photos as i built it on this and the Gloster as i did both in the same night

Nice work Bob!

I saw the replica of VH-USU when she visited Paraparaumu airport in 1988 (photos back in NZ unfortunately)

Love it! But have to agree with others...where's the fire?? :)

Beautiful job in any case.

"Smithy" had a distinguished career in WW1 before taking on records. Of course in those, pre banking scandal, days he was just plain old Charles Smith.

Scandal again dogged him, more personally this time, when the Kookaburra was lost. There were accusations and claims that the whole event was a publicity stunt that went badly wrong when Anderson and Hitchcock died.

There is no doubt though that he was one of the greatest aviators in the world's history. It is perhaps fitting then that in the end, like Charles Nungesser, he "flew so high, he couldn't get back down".

Coming along mate!
One thing though - I can't say how authentic the replica VH-USU's scheme was, but her Blue was alot darker, like a slightly lighter shade of Humbrol 15 (Midnight Blue). Might pay to check the net.

Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back