For the old colonies....a Happy 4th Of July!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Jan! We'll be sitting poolside, adult beverages in the cooler and on the bar, and hundreds of clams to steam and shuck!

And we won't be forgetting those that are in harms way, defending our freedom on our 234 birthday! :salute:

TO

Thanks guys! It is almost the 4th here in Germany, so I wish all of my fellow Americans a great 4th of July. I am going to get together with my neighbors (the majority of them German, because the majority of my American friends are either in Iraq or Afghanistan at the moment) and have a BBQ tomorrow. After dark I will drive up to the Airfield with my neighbor and his daughter so that she can see the fireworks. She is a 5 year old German girl, who does not know what the fireworks are for, but I think she will enjoy it.

Being a Yank in Oz, my Aussie girl and I were married on the 4th of July in the Blue Mountains of New South Wales 2001 and will be going up there for a few days to freeze our tushes off to celebrate! So half the world celebrates our anniversary with us. Thanks for that. Cheers, Bill

My town does their fireworks tonight (the 3rd), which we will be heading to shortly with the youngsters. Tomorrow, we barbecue to celebrate and say a word of thanks to those that still defend freedom, wherever they are serving. To those serving today and those who have served, :salute:

To get everyone in the mood for tomorrow night, here are some shots from tonight's celebration in my little corner of the world.

Attachments

• xDSC_5868.jpg
    xDSC_5868.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 254
  • xDSC_5855.jpg
    xDSC_5855.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 273
  • xDSC_5850.jpg
    xDSC_5850.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 218
  • xDSC_5847.jpg
    xDSC_5847.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 223
Happy 4th of July, y'all! :salute:

Went to the mall last night with the wife and kiddo, and my brother and his fiance (they're visiting from Italy). On the way out, fireworks were going off nearby. The kiddo's 18 months old, and was fascinated by them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back