Found out my niece is getting shipped to Africa

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Torch

Senior Master Sergeant
Feb 9, 2006
Florida
,She's assigned to the medical unit at FT.Hood and they got picked to try and help with this Ebola mess,crappy assignment.....

The American military doesn't get the credit it deserves for helping out in humanitarian crises from the media here in Europe. They are always praising the UN for having meetings and talking about a crisis while your guys have boots on the ground actually doing something practical.

Good luck and Godspeed to your niece.

Apparently the Brit military is also sending teams to Africa. I wish all involved (military and civilian of all nations) who are trying to stem this epidemic the greatest of success and best wishes for their safety.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friend."

Good luck to your niece. The 'West' always seems to jump in with help for disasters, medical emergencies etc. Then next thing, the countries helped out are biting the hand that literally feeds them.

salute_zps4360a7b8.png

Good luck to her, I hope she comes home safe. Why is the "west" usually only USA and UK doesn't China Russia Germany South America and the Arab world have any Medics? Are any Africans raiding their Swiss bank accounts to help? The UK is sending a team of 750. I hope the people involved have limited success, it wouldn't be a disaster if ISIL had an outbreak.

Good luck to her, I hope she comes home safe. Why is the "west" usually only USA and UK doesn't China Russia Germany South America and the Arab world have any Medics? Are any Africans raiding their Swiss bank accounts to help? The UK is sending a team of 750. I hope the people involved have limited success, it wouldn't be a disaster if ISIL had an outbreak.

Hmm, Dutch and Belgian medics have been there since the beginning as part of Doctors without Borders. I know for sure tha Spain have a lot of people there (2 died in Madrid, remember), so I don't think it's a UK/US effort only.

Hmm, Dutch and Belgian medics have been there since the beginning as part of Doctors without Borders. I know for sure tha Spain have a lot of people there (2 died in Madrid, remember), so I don't think it's a UK/US effort only.

German Dr.'s and medics as well. A friend of mine has been there for a few weeks. She has posted some interesting photos on facebook...

German Dr.'s and medics as well. A friend of mine has been there for a few weeks. She has posted some interesting photos on facebook...

That's what I mean. Why do some people think that only the UK and the US ever help anywhere? Is it because their media is just the loudest? Seems like unfair to all those other nationalities.

Your friend came back safely I presume?
I hope the people involved have limited success, it wouldn't be a disaster if ISIL had an outbreak.

Didn't read this at first, but this is a very bad statement. Have you any idea what ebola means? It's a fast mutating philovirus. It eats you alive. Cell membranes are dissolved while the virus tries to spread itself. You bleed to death into yourself. When you die, you're body is hardly holding together and has turned into a sack with highly contaguous fluids. It's worse than burning to death. I would not whish that illness to the worst of enemies. It's also highly contaguous. If the IS gets hold of that, you can be sure it'll be spread over the world. Will be worse than the Spanish flu.

Last edited:
That's what I mean. Why do some people think that only the UK and the US ever help anywhere? Is it because their media is just the loudest? Seems like unfair to all those other nationalities.

Your friend came back safely I presume?

Yes she is back and fine. I hope to see her next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back