French Foreign Legion training vs Seals etc.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
But as usual, you can't critizise the behaviour of someone who is in the armed forces or else you are unpatriotic, ungrateful, disrespecting or whatnot. What a nonsense.

Yep. "What a nonsense". Thank you for your service. I expect more respect from those who served to those who served. Bye, bye.

I said LIKE you, not that IS you..our wars..well, Sir you are toting the AMERICAN flag right below your name right on the left hand side<====default or NO..it is AMERICAN.

I feel for your friend. Just like I feel for any person that has given all that he or she has for something they believe in..in this case, our freedoms.
BUT, your friend is NOT my husband, who does NOT like to talk about his service, usually. He commented on this thread to clarify a situation, you decided to take a sour note on the proceedings and claim that he is un-modest, THAT is what I have a problem with. IF he chooses to talk about his experiences and share information with these gentlemen, WHO are you to insist that he be modest?? IF you don't like it, OH F*cking WELL! Theres probably another thread that you can rain upon...Call him out on being an as*hole or whatever..BUT modesty because he made the grade and served with one of the finest fighting forces on this planet??? I don't think so.. Check yourself.

Nonsense??? Not so much..BAD FORM, yes..
JUST as much as it would be for you to walk into ANYONES conversation and state how the parties IN that conversation should conduct themselves. Does this serve as manners or proper modest etiquette in where ever you hail from...?? Probably not..you were baiting the conversation for a rebuttal..plain and simple.
Just so I'm on record about this. Your husband is awesome too, for what it's worth coming from a mere school teacher.

les, I apologize if I'm bothering you, but could you tell me which class you were in? And, did you train on the East coast or the West? History is a hobby for me, particularly military history; I just finished reading "Class-29: The Making Of U.S. Navy SEALs", by John Carl Roat.

Just so I'm on record about this. Your husband is awesome too, for what it's worth coming from a mere school teacher.

Clay, I hold teachers in a heroic regard, too. You are doing an amazing service for our country and our children, our greatest asset. IMHO. AND H*ll, nowadays you have to see a bit of combat yourselves.

Thanks for some of the insights to the training involved with these groups and thanks to those who served in some of these discussed groups. You watch these shows and sometimes it's hard to judge or differentiate what they mean. If you listen and watch every body is the toughest,the best,was nice to see where the FFL might rank with(ex:Rangers).

Clay, I hold teachers in a heroic regard, too. You are doing an amazing service for our country and our children, our greatest asset. IMHO. AND H*ll, nowadays you have to see a bit of combat yourselves.
LOL, less than when I worked as a prison guard, but not by much.
Les, what is your opinion of Delta Force and US Marine Recon?
My Dad's best friend was a Marine Recon in Vietnam, and he was pretty.....different when he came back. My dad always said he wasn't always all the way back.

Some really interesting stuff here. Many thanks. On the subject of the FFL, I read somewhere, perhaps in a Bernard Fall book that the FFL in Indo China had some former SS troops. Anyone confirm that? Had an uncle who was a CGM on USS Chicago, a CA, when WW2 began. He was in the Savo Island mess but was transferred off Chicago, made a warrant officer, and sent to China to serve with Chinese guerillas, I think Reds. He was a big man, tall and over 200 pounds. Came back after the war at about 160 pounds. He was close mouthed about what he did in China and is gone now. Anyone have any info that relates to that?

...On the subject of the FFL, I read somewhere, perhaps in a Bernard Fall book that the FFL in Indo China had some former SS troops. Anyone confirm that? ...
Apparently
The book Devil's Guard was based upon it
Devil's Guard II was the sequel to it but unlike the original, was a fiction

Some really interesting stuff here. Many thanks. On the subject of the FFL, I read somewhere, perhaps in a Bernard Fall book that the FFL in Indo China had some former SS troops. Anyone confirm that? Had an uncle who was a CGM on USS Chicago, a CA, when WW2 began. He was in the Savo Island mess but was transferred off Chicago, made a warrant officer, and sent to China to serve with Chinese guerillas, I think Reds. He was a big man, tall and over 200 pounds. Came back after the war at about 160 pounds. He was close mouthed about what he did in China and is gone now. Anyone have any info that relates to that?
I have read the same thing. Not surprising though; the SS were trained well and very disiplined. I know the U.S. Special Forces had a former SS man in the Green Berets. There were also some in Africa fighting for the PMC's in Rhodesia and Sierra Leone.

Comparing FFL and Seals is just stupid.
Seals are special ops, FFL not.

If you want to compare Seals with french special ops, you can with those :
ShadowSpear Special Operations - French Special Operations
  • 1er RPIMa
  • 13eme Regiment de Dragon Parachutistes
  • Commando Parachutiste De l'Air 10
  • Commando Hubert
  • Commando Jaubert
  • Commando Trepel
  • Commando de Montfort
  • Commando De Penfentenyo
  • ECTLO
  • Escadron Parachutiste d'Intervention de la Gendarmerie Nationale (EPIGN)
  • Groupe d'Intervention de la Gendarmerie Nationale (GIGN)
  • Recherche Assistance Intervention Dissuasion (RAID)

As you can read, FFL isn't in this list. This whole thread is about comparing oranges to apples.

Why thank you Jowan, if you noticed on my first post that started this thread it was not just about Seals that I was asking to compare, as for those who served,Thank you,for those other posters thank you for some interesting points....

the australian SASr will murder the seals you yanks cant say **** about the ffl until you have done it. you all think you are all high and mighty but your not you are **** :twisted: the seals are good but there not spec ops standed the australian sas and British sas and NZ sas are 3 of the 10 best special forces in the world and seals are not in the 10 size does not matter skill does and yous have little so shut up thank you for reading :)

Wow, your mother never taught you manners did she? Is that how you introduce yourself? Why are you acting like a dick? Is it because your mother did not love you enough? Is it because you were picked on as a child in school?

I think it best for you to go and play in someone else playground. You are not going to be very welcome here.

What a douche...

When you learn how to act like an adult, then you can come back.

Last edited:
I am tired of cleaning up this mess!

Just for the record, lesofprimus was never a Seal. He was fooling everyone.

THREAD CLOSED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back