FW 190 V-32-U1 patchwork in 1:32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fam43

Senior Airman
Feb 2, 2009
Southern Germany
Hallo,
well I started a Sabre Mk6 of the German Luftwaffe with the Martin Baker ejection seat conversion. Now I am still looking for an early Martin Baker resin part or some pics of it at least.
So I decided to ad just another prototype on the way to the TA 152 while waiting.
The FW 190 V32-U1 was often mistaken as the forerunner of the TA 153. This is nonsens because the TA 153 plans were cancelled months before the FW 190 V32-U1 appeared. The v32 started with a DB 603A augmented by an exhaust driven turbochar.ger and was a lookalike to the V-18 and V-30. Disapointing performance of this combination saw the supercharger gone and replaced by a DB 603G with an enhanced mechanical charger. The tail section was lengthed and new larger fin (even larger than the Ta one) was added. A wide span wing replaced the regular A-wing. This will be the bird I want to built. The V32 followed the V18 as it was again modified getting the TA 152 H1 wing and a Jumo 213 E engine to become just another TA-152 prototype.

I plan to use up all that was left from my earlier FW-TA projects - "patchwork".
William Green has two pics in his "Focke Wulrf 190". It always rains in nothern Germany

]

Here I found some dubious drawings:
Focke-Wulf Ta 153 B-1 and Ta 153 D-1

I marauded my sparebox and started:

You can recognice two decade old leftovers and the outer wings of the PC-TA.

Last edited:
Another great project on the way. Michael, it might be easier to scratch-build the MB seat for the Sabre. Have a look at the Martin Baker web site, as they have a 'history' in pictures of the evolution of their seats, and might have that one shown.

After reading some background information it became clear the PC-wing couldn't be used. I cut off most of it and replaced it by parts of an left over A-version wing reduced in width. Agood opportunity to install some undercarriage wheel-well details.

Hi all together,
I spent a full month with modelmeetings and holidays and did very litte to further my FW 190. Just a tiny progress. The enginecover and the area aft of the cockpit got some attention.

Users who are viewing this thread