Fw190 D-9 1/24 Trumpeter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
I decided to come out of the closet for a change since she is getting close to being done.I enhanced the pit only by adding some handles,dials and belts.The exterior is all freehand and the band was added since decal fractured.I will try to get some pics of the pit as assembled but the 190 once together even in 1/24 really does not give up alot.This plane/kit really goes together pretty good and no filler except on the wing bottom front and rear and that's a minimum.I know some probably ask is it true to a D-9?it's good enough for me since once done it goes on the shelf.You guys are the only one's that see any of it/my builds at all.Where do they go when we move on?:dontknow:

I will do something with this as far weathering just some panel like and some oils maybe not crazy.Just a builder and the upper wing grey is Japanese Navy Grey something I should of used on my 1/24 Zero just not dark enough ;)
Fw-190 D-9 001.JPG
Fw-190 D-9 002.JPG
Fw-190 D-9 003.JPG

I agree and also with my thumb raised ... Good work so far, I will be attentive to what follows ...:thumbup:

I have gotten the rest of the decals on everything and starting to apply more future got maybe 1 or 2 coats left letting this dry overnight.The spinner came out OK I cut out the decal laid it on some tape and cut and placed it on the spinner.:dontknow:Once the clear is dry I will start a wash mainly just to bring out the panel lines and some weathering.By the way been using a different decal softener called Walthers come in a good size bottle with a brush lays like paint!

GB38 002.JPG

GB38 003.JPG

Finished up the panel line with Tamita panel wash I saw from the Stringbag videos always made my own but was always abit inconsistent and the flat has been laid not pastels comes up next ;)
GB38 010.JPG

GB38 011.JPG

GB38 013.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back