GB 17 what are you thinking

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was thinking a RB-57 version with the really long wings. Will have to do a bit of research as to kit availability and records of plane, unit, crew. I have to stop watching you tube videos. I saw the a/c last night and thought what a cool plane and maybe a good kit. Time will tell:

Here's pic. Photo courtesy of VetFriends.com

It was assigned to the 58 WRS at Kirkland AFB, NM

21918RB57F.jpg

1:72 RAAF 'bou that I've been putting off for a couple of years. Not that I don't want to do it, I can't wait, but I want to do it justice and don't trust myself!

I am assuming transport includes all eras? Otherwise, I'll have to buy something!!

I have entries ready that fit the time frame indicated, but I wonder if we could loosen them up to include cold war stuff. I personally like to see the variety of aircraft that people come up with.

After buying too many kits that Don't fill the bill............
it's a 1/48th F6F-5P from the Yorktown........

What sort of plans are you looking for Jan, asymmetric. Also check out the other GB17 thread started by Bill, I posted some stuff for you.

Edit. I see you have just been there.

Last edited:
If I can find inspiration and plans to that P-38F-4-LO, I'll do Peterson's #98, otherwise I'll do a Coastal Command PBY Catalina!

Your a genius :D Jan, hmm I could probobly do a Japanese Catalina for this one (keeping to the theme, and quenching my Foreign Aircraft in Japanese colors thirst mu hahahah!!!)

Ive missed the deadline for Build 15, missed build 16 altogether, so i am not going to make promises i cant keep. But I would really like to do an A-4 in 1/72 scale without the dorsal hump

I am thinking I'm gonna wait for some officialdom to step in here. I've got a 1/48 Typhoon that can be converted to a photo/recon bird or a 1/48 U-2 Senior Span if all hell breaks loose. :twisted:

Geo

Last edited:
The Officialdom of the almighty bigwigs, the supreme big cheeses, the Grand Poobahs of the Lodge, the fat cats of the litterbox, the head honchos, high men on the totem pole, high-muck-a-mucks and the big men on campus.......aaaaand breathe!

Well, with a bit of luck! :D

Edit:

Your a genius :D Jan, hmm I could probobly do a Japanese Catalina for this one (keeping to the theme, and quenching my Foreign Aircraft in Japanese colors thirst mu hahahah!!!)

Ok, what do you want? :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back