GB-63 1/48 Bf 108B-2 Taifun - Stormy Weather

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you. Fuselage band sprayed, a decal is not an option not that I would have used it

IMG_0002.JPG

Thanks guys. Still puttering around with what needs to be installed before doing the bottom. Mass balances barely have attachment points so I glued them on and are resting. The landing gear light is a tear drop shaped clear part. It would be awkward to mask as the front needs to be clear and the rear needs to be RLM78, the bottom colour. I decided to paint it off the model as this would give me a chance to test my mix after I painted the rear of the light silver to try and represent the reflective back of the light. My mix was Tamiya XF-23, Light Blue and XF-50, Field Blue, 4:1. Hard to see on the light but pretty gosh darned close in the tray

IMG_0003.JPG

I try as well Wayne but with limited gluing surface I felt this was my best option. Eduard is really starting to annoy me. While looking at the camo I saw this.Yes, this is one of their first forays in 1:48 but this is so prominent in the photos of KG✙EM

IMG_0003.jpg

For the last day or so I've been trying to figure out how to make one and what colour. I went through my plastic rods and it looked like I would have to stretch one down to size and then start carving. On a long shot I went through all my spares stash but I couldn't recall building an aircraft that had a venturi tube option.....ta dah

IMG_0002.JPG

I'm going to try and do a bell shape on the right side but this just deflated my mojo a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back