GBs 50 thru 57 - Finalized Schedule

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well my GB50 Zombie is going to be m second start in GB44, my Davidson F-4b from VF143.
I only had the cockpit done really, so I am picking away at it so I will be sure to finish it this time!!!!
I can alwaays throw in Merlin's Magic 1/32nd P-51 Race 22 I have a good start on is Start to Finish builds!
Vroom Vroom

I think I've found the candidate for the GB50 Zombie build? Picked this up at my local hobby store; off their 'consignment' rack. $10 (US) seemed like a great deal, which I bartered down to $8. I had looked inside and saw that it was a started kit, perfect! I was assured by the HS owner that the previous kit owner is a very skilled modeler and to not worry about the work already done. Other than having to determine any UN-obvious L/R parts I thought $8, what the heck! Someone sure saved me a lot of sprue cutting and cleanup. As an extra, I have a set of masks for a CM Colondale (windscreen and and glass). Nothing seems to be missing. As you can see though the inside of the box has been compromised. Probably detailing the Colondale? Is this going to qualify; an adopted Zombie?

View attachment 616291
View attachment 616292
View attachment 616293
Nice one, do like the bare metal finish !

Will use GB 50 to finish my stalled ICM 1/48 He 111 build but also have a Pegasus hobbies 1/48 Spitfire Mk1 that my nephew built and painted with me before getting bored of it.
Needs repainting and i need some decals for it so will chuck that in too, as itll probably only take a day or two to finish it :lol:

The only zombie I have is a 1/72 RS models Ki-100 low back version. It's missing the canopy as the canopy in the kit is the early high back version. Time to get googling for a canopy.

Edit: As soon as I typed this I had a light bulb moment. I have in my spares box the rear section of a Gloster Meteor canopy. I have checked and I think it will fit to the original canopy with some filing. So I am sorted for zombie killing🧟‍♂️

Last edited:
I bought these two Vallejo sets, lots of range.

On my P-51 I used six different silver shades and all would not show up in one shot. For the Me 503 shot above, you could black base just certain panels, leave the rest grey and that would show a difference. You can also spray the entire airframe silver and then do a lot of masking to spray multiple silver shades. Some stuff here about Vallejo
Vallejo Metal Color Review for Miniature Painters - FauxHammer
Got all their set plus a couple extra colors

So point question on Heavy Hitters build. Is it a requirement that they flew in combat or can they have been built and flow such as the XB-35?
I may be wrong, but I'd say yes, it can be included. It is (and was designed as) a Heavy Hitter even if it never entered operational service.

I would say if it flew before the war's end in any form prototype or production then yes that's fine. If it only flew on paper no or we could end up with things like Canberra's and B45s. Or hypersonic swing wing sub orbital bombers with automatic bombsights that almost flew for the Luftwaffe.

I would say if it flew before the war's end in any form prototype or production then yes that's fine. If it only flew on paper no or we could end up with things like Canberra's and B45s. Or hypersonic swing wing sub orbital bombers with automatic bombsights that almost flew for the Luftwaffe.
I agree, didn't do my up to date research.

Yea....I know....its a few days before we officially start quibbling but I'm waiting for stuff to dry and I'm bored. This will be my "Zombie" build.

1616945474925.png

I bought it in the last millennium and not sure why I stopped this. Some of the innards are painted and installed. Pretty sure there was a fit issue but I just closed the fuselage halves up and the fit is greatish. Still looking for a something different scheme. Lots of sub-types for the Helldiver and there are Atlantic Schemes and the FAA got a handful

Yea....I know....its a few days before we officially start quibbling but I'm waiting for stuff to dry and I'm bored. This will be my "Zombie" build.

I bought it in the last millennium and not sure why I stopped this. Some of the innards are painted and installed. Pretty sure there was a fit issue but I just closed the fuselage halves up and the fit is greatish. Still looking for a something different scheme. Lots of sub-types for the Helldiver and there are Atlantic Schemes and the FAA got a handful
I had those rescue marking for you and set them down where I would not loose them, seems I've lost them!

Since everyone's entries are partially done I was wondering it we could suspend the limit of 4 entries for this group build. I have a range that goes from "Hardly Started" to Almost Finished"

Here's a list of my Zombies that are in the running:

1/72 B-17C/D Academy
1/72 Boeing 30 Marquette
1/48 Me-163 Testors
1/48 SPAD 13 Testors
1/48 Nieuport 17 Testors
1/48 Supermarine S6B Testors
1/72 De Haviland Comet Airfix
1/48 Rufe (Zero Float Plane) Tamiya
1/48 A6M2 Zero Hasagawa
1/48 Do-17Z Hobby Craft
1/48 Do-335 Monogram