Geedee's P-51D Cockpit Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thought you might want to know. A guy on eBay has a bunch of brand new self-destruct switch boxes for sale...$15 each. They are listed as: "ELECTRCAL BOX DANGER WITH 2 BUTTONS DANGER PROP BOX". These are the real deal and they're are NOT listed in anything vintage, military, aviation, or collectible.

The title quote was a copy/paste mispelling and all. That would be how to search for it.

I've seen pics of this destruct box in the B-25 and P-51. It's specific to destroy the IFF equipment and is on the left side of the cockpit for both aircraft.

Good Luck
Jim

Hi GeeDee,

My name is Tom and I'm searching for information on the exact dimensions of the P-51 Cockpit.
Will researching stuff I came across your build thread and I have to say it's really impressive what you've done. In your first post you state you eventually bought a full set of blue prints.
At the moment I'm working on CAD drawings, so I can use CNC to cut the panels.
I based my work on RC model drawings which I attached to autocad and scaled to what I think was about right, which are not very accurate I guess..
What I am really interested in is, how you managed to get the blue prints.
Would you be willing to share your infomation with fellow builders?

Kind regards,

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread