Geedee's P-51D Cockpit Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers dude, there will be plenty....including some special ones of my '51, got some exciting news about her that will revealed at the fest :)

And you're not going to fill us in on it first?:(

Sorry Brooks :)

Name and Nose-Art now on her flank, and after a final polish up, all that remains is to add the crew details panel and the 'kill' markings and she's all ready to go !. Her Name and Nose-Art.... a very closely guarded secret of mine !....will be revealed at her first display next Saturday.
I am very excited indeedy !!! :)

Well chaps 'n chapess's, it give me absolute pleasure to now reveal the Name and Nose-Art for my '51.

This has been a closely guarded secret for quite some time...years actually !!, but now the wait is finally over :)

This all came about from a Cockpitfest from 4 years ago...its mentioned in this thread but back quite a few pages ! :) ... when I met Tom and we got to discussing him doing the biz' for me. I have to say that he has taken my idea and produced a work of art, he's knocked it right out of the ball park !. I personally think its frikkin' awesome as the level of detail is just breathtaking. The photo's do not do it justice...at all !

I also got in contact with Ken Ellis who is a one time long term editor of the Flypast Magazine ( He is also the author of Wrecks and Relics...have a look for it, now in its 24th edition !!! ) and very keen supporter of Cockpitfest, with a view to unveiling the work at the 'Fest. I've known Ken for years and he was the obvious choice for the ceremony.

So without further ado ....here she is ! ----

Actually, hang on a minute, forgot to say we also picked up an award at this years Fest, the 'Spirit of Cockpitfest'. To say I was stunned would be the understatement of year ! :shock:. That's a award for the past two times I've been there with my Babe. My head is now unfeasibly large :D

so, ...fanfare of trumpets etc etc....

And hang on a bit more, better fill you in on some details regarding my choice of name. I heard the phrase 'One More Time' on the 'Gathering of Mustangs and Legends 2007' DVD, when Angela was talking about the show and seemed to be the perfect title for what I'm trying to achieve with my Babe. Up until two weeks ago, I was not aware of any 'Planes having this name and then I stumbled across a B/W pic of a TBolt !. However, I think my Nose-Art is better, but then I am slightly biased.

Wait for it.....

I must apologize as I can't get the pics in order :(

ATTACH=CONFIG]265111[/ATTACH]
OMT3.jpg
OMT1.jpg
OMT4.jpg

Attachments

• OMT2.jpg
    OMT2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 141
Bl**dy marvelous Gary!
It really looks the biz, and congrats on the award. I'm really p*ssed off that I couldn't get there, especially after arranging things with the 'management' team. Hopefully, you got my text message - my computer went in for up-grade whilst I was stuck in bed, hence lack of other contact.

That's fantastic................

Photos in order................?
I found if I load them in one by one they stay in order. Less fiddley than reopening and resetting.
Select one by one, Before Uploading.

Many thanks for your comments chaps, very much appreciated indeed !

I am really pleased with the way the Nose Art turned out. Tom has done an absolute first rate job on it.

Aaaaaand, on speaking to Tom a bit further, he's going to paint that art work on my A2. Hopefully, it'll be complete before I go back out with the Collings tour in Sept !.

And as for picking up another award, I'm pretty much speechless !. That came as a complete surprise !.

Looking though Ken's book "Wrecks and Relic's...the indispensable guide to Britain's aviation heritage", it would appear that I have one of only ten P-51's in the UK. To say my chest is pumped up, would be the understatement of the century !

And yes, you guessed right, I am on a high at the minute :)

Cheers fella's :oops:

Take it to 'Legends' Gary - it would be a sensation I bet!
BTW, I'll be in touch re 'Legends' - already got the tickets and booked and paid for the camp site for the weekend. I've pre-warned Tony at the camp site that you might be wanting a pitch.

Would love to take her to Legends, but then I'd not be able to watch the show !.

I'll let you know about accom in a few days :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back