Geedee's P-51D Cockpit Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Have to admit out of all the stuff I saw at CP this yr I liked your 51 pit the best,considering the progress from last yr.....nice comfy size to transport, oh to havethe harwell box be the same......

M

Hey Mr. Dean, I saw you mentioned in "Flypast"! You're in the big leagues now baby!

Too righty mate !. No mention last year but the two years before that, I managed to make the hallowed pages of that esteemed magazine....last time was with my Harrier cockpit and the year before that with '51 instrument panel !:D

I'm really hoping that I can get the basic build finished by next years event !.

Dont worry guys....I'm not holding out.

Yup, for about 9 months or so, I was the owner of the mortal remains XV806. She only really needed a teensy weensy bit of work doing to get her back to her former glory...yeah righty !!!.

I had hoped to fit out the interior but leave all the skins off to give a different perspective of what goes in, and how a a jet is actually built. Unfortunately, about this time I had cash-flow-crisis No 75842 and she was sold. Her current owner has just about completely fitted out the interior and i'm pleased to say, he's mentioned that he wont be skinning her !.

I took her to Cokpitfest in 2008....heres a link to the website for that year.. Cockpitfest incorporating the ICC. If you click on the 'Previous Fests' link at the top of the page and open up the 2008 entry, She's about 20 piccies down from the top of the page.

She was a very 'pretty' little cockpit and I was saddened to see her go :cry:

Attachments

• h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 360
  • h2.jpg
    h2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 349
  • h3.jpg
    h3.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 359
  • h4.jpg
    h4.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 363
I agree. It's great to see people getting these back into 'shape' though - from less than a shell to a complete cockpit is quite an achievement, and good for future generations also of course. We might think that a Spitfire is obviously worth preserving, but so are the current aircraft which, in 20, 30 or 50 years from now, would be forgotten, and only available in photos, if not preserved now.

So true Terry. How many Bristol Bulldogs are still flying or even static? Orhow many Wellingtons?

Great stuff Gary, and glad o see she at least found another good home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back