Germans crying in their beer

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here is an interesting fact for you Sys:

Tony Ponturo, Vice President of global media and sports marketing for Anheuser-Busch admits that it has been hard to crack the beer market in Europe, he said, Budweiser accounts for 2 percent of the market in Europe, and accounts for less than 1 percent of beer sales in Germany.

Plain and simple and to the point... People drink Bud because it resembles a decent tasting beer, and its cheap as hell... I can get an 18 pack of Bud for the same price as a six pack of Modelo or red Stripe....

And for the record, I agree with sys, there are some excellent micro-brewery beers that are very flavorful and a good beer to drink...

And as for Domestics, I do enjoy Amberbock thats made by Michelob....

Well i feel at this point I must lead the Infidels of malt from out of the darkness yes the Europeans make some passable beers and the US is lagging well behind the pack how can one not appreciate the ability of Canadian brews to cut through the heat of the day with no after taste of malt. Unfortunately the Europeans tend to forget about refrigeration of beers and the the Germans are hung up on the Purity act of 603BC and perish the the thought of Tango dancers having anythink to do with brewing it just makes me want to

Attachments

• IMG_0372.JPG
    IMG_0372.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 126
US Beer ==== PISS

sorry gents from the US but our beer is just plain non tasting, luke warm placid vomit stirred around several times and should be used as slug bait ..... or dropped on insurgents in the mid-east

apoligies to all slug farmers

The only thing decent out of the US is Sam Adams, Foggy Bottom and micro breweries.

To me the best beers are this right here:

Kristal Weizen
Lichtenauer Uhr Helles
Weis Bier
And good German Pilsner
Kilkenny
Czech Budvar (the real budweiser)
And good Czech Pilsner
Sam Adams

Nothing at all bad about German beers. Its simply the contention in the US that it is avante garde to tout every freaking imported thing with the idea that it is supeior to an equiviaent US product. A good example of marketing strategy is Heinekin. A rather plain brew that Americans were brainwashed into believing is the best imported beer of all time! Hell cheap old Mexican Corona tastes better by my standards.

And by the way, most Mexicans in Mexico think Corona is lousey though it is the best selling Mexican beer in the US. Why? Tireless marketing!! Unless people in other lands are immune to marketing subversion they are led to "believe" things about products because advertising subliminally invades their heads too.

The "standard" mass produced beers in the US were accepted because in the olden days imported beers were prohibitively expensive and supply was poor. Those of you who have lived outside the US your whole lives or are under 30 have absolutely no idea of what it was like. The very few importers of offshore liquors and beers had no distribution network for the beer products anyway. Very few retailers stocked them. While imported hard liquor was in distribution and well accepted in the US almost forever, beer was not. The average guy who went to the neighbord hood tavern and paid .25 for a glass of draught beer would never pay a dollar for a bottle of imported "anything."

I'd wager the same is true for folks in other lands too. It's pretty doubtful that in 1955 a German would buy a beer imported from Mexico or Japan at significantly elevated cost over his local brew.

Same is true today in Mexico where a Corona is about .35 and an American beer is about a buck or more. Mexicans wouldn't buy imported beer for anywhere for the same reason as it was in the 1940s-1970s US-- import beers cost way too much no matter how good they are because there is no good distribution network.

Nonskimmer said:
I find it makes a pretty good laxative.:thumbleft:
For good Canadian beer, ya gotta go with Propeller Ale, Garrison, or anything brewed by the John Allen Brewing Company, baby!
Propeller Ale always good -

Blue - a good "cheap" Canadian beer (something for a cheap buzz or quick thirst quencher) in the same mold as Budwiser but 300% better...

FLYBOYJ said:
Propeller Ale always good -

Blue - a good "cheap" Canadian beer (something for a cheap buzz or quick thirst quencher) in the same mold as Budwiser but 300% better...
I never claimed to be sauve :) but I've been drinking it since the 70's by the way its $40 for a 24 the cheaper beers are 24 a case

For the "cheap" Canadian stuff, I'd drink Alexander Keith's Red. It's a bit better than the standard Keith's, but the thing is you can't buy it in a two-four. It only comes in a twelve case or a six-pack.

Keith's Light is just gross. Who the hell ever thought up light beer? :rolleyes:

Nonskimmer said:
Keith's Light is just gross. Who the hell ever thought up light beer? :rolleyes:

A woman!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back