Girls and Aircraft - Volume II (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh. Pilot on our return flight last week did his usual "welcome aboard" speech....I actually perked up and started listening when he said something along the lines of "our stewardesses will give you the usual generic safety briefing, which, if you've heard it a million times, feel free to ignore. We will then meander down the taxiway and, with any luck, take off more or less on time. My navigator is currently punching 'Dallas' into the GPS, and we will be on our way shortly."

Florene Watson

Attachments

• Florene Watson.jpg
    Florene Watson.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 603
RA, LOVE that!!! The only time I flew on a jet (747 to San Fran) Our pilot said something similar. It was great.

Nice pic, Tbolt!

Betty Gillies
The first pilot to qualify for the Women's Auxiliary Ferrying Squadron was Betty Huyler Gillies of Syosset, Long Island, New York. She entered the WAFS on September 12, 1942. Gillies at this time had 14 years of flying experience, running up a total of 1400 hours to her credit.

Attachments

• Betty Gillies.jpg
    Betty Gillies.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 698
  • betty gilliesHarkness&Gilles.jpg
    betty gilliesHarkness&Gilles.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 590
  • betty gilliesphoto_bio_gillies.jpg
    betty gilliesphoto_bio_gillies.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 577
Last edited:
Re pictures in post #295: No ear defenders while they're riveting, no safety glasses while they're drilling, no dust masks when they're painting... I bet they wash their hands in open vats of MEK!

"Engineers today are just a bunch of p...."

gorgeous pictures! 8)

Re pictures in post #295: No ear defenders while they're riveting, no safety glasses while they're drilling, no dust masks when they're painting... I bet they wash their hands in open vats of MEK!

8)
I'm a bridge construction inspector and I've seen bridge painters wash their faces off with MEK after a day of spraying Epoxy Aluminum Mastic. They did use respirators wile spraying though. Can't be too careless. One time a painter foreman was telling me how they have such a good pension. Reason: Most of the guys die in their 50s and never draw from it.

I'm a bridge construction inspector and I've seen bridge painters wash their faces off with MEK after a day of spraying Epoxy Aluminum Mastic. They did use respirators wile spraying though. Can't be too careless. One time a painter foreman was telling me how they have such a good pension. Reason: Most of the guys die in their 50s and never draw from it.

One of the guys I did my engineering training with was in the RAF servicing Vulcans and such like; he got cancer from his exposure to solvents, survived though; had us all holding our breaths for awhile. Another guy I knew used to work on (RAAF) F-111s; they used to put this sealant in the fuel tanks that was real lethal. He said a few of his buddies have gone the way of the, well, F-111...

:(

So , to get back to some more low-brow stuff, I found these while surfing:

Attachments

• He-111-Run-Up.jpg
    He-111-Run-Up.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 610
Last edited by a moderator:
Damn! Our aircraft cleaners don't look that good! Tangmere Military Aviation Museum, I think... I'll even tell you the girl's chest sizes... :twisted:

No worries! Those pics were posted before and quickly removed. I know...I saw them! Whoooooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back