Gnomey's Pictures (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Think it is about time I post some shots again. Been taking a fair few photos but mostly of the local rugby team (for the local paper - so got a few published).

These though are of something that I'll probably not ever seen again in my lifetime. This is the Olympic Torch passing through my hometown on its way around the UK. Won't post them individually so here is the set.

Olympic Torch Relay - a set on Flickr

Have tickets to go the Olympic park later in the summer, unfortunately not for the Olympics but did get Paraolympic tickets so will definitely get some shots there.

Great shots! It was cool seeing the gentleman in the wheelchair carrying the torch!

Seeing the torch pass through is definately a rare occasion...when the Olympics were in L.A. in 1984, I missed the torch because I had to work! :/

Great stuff Hugh. The 'Torch' passed within quarter of a mile from my house, and I never even thought of going to see it. But then, as usual, it was p***ing down !

Felt it was probably time to update this thread. Taken a fair few pictures since I last posted here.

First series is from the London 2012 Paralympics.

First one you should all recognise, Oscar Pistorius, second is David Weir winning his first gold of the games (what a noise that was!). The last 3 are some sequences of the Women's long jump.

The rest are from around and about here in Swansea, mainly the Gower peninsula.

Nice ones Hugh and those thistles, lovely colour and some enterprising sole way back when introduced them down under, so now we have paddocks full of them. Lovely when all in full bloom, but still a pain.

Realised there has been a distinct lack of activity in this thread. Certainly no shortage of pictures, although most of them are of various events that have happened in the med school calender so I won't post those here.

Here are a couple I took of the moon a couple of weeks ago (should really get a tripod)...

Users who are viewing this thread