Going On Vacation ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What?? You and Rochie are going to see Roman?

Man, that's just not fair! I'm stuck here busting my arse and probably won't get a vacation 'till the winter holidays :(

I mean "oh, how nice. I hope you all have a wonderful time"...really...

:lol:

Thanks guys!
Dave, it's got to be done, as I've heard there's a rare phenom...fenom...phenimo...a rare thing there called 'The Sun'! I know you get it in Cal, but here in the UK, winter ended, and Autumn began, every year for the last three at least!
I'm sure we'll think of you whilst we enjoy a beer or six!

Sorry to update late, but I found out the place I'm staying at does have wifi. Pretty fun day, have the grandparents up here, and went tubing out on the boat we have this afternoon.

BTW, have fun on your trip with Rochie, Airframes.

Thanks guys!
Dave, it's got to be done, as I've heard there's a rare phenom...fenom...phenimo...a rare thing there called 'The Sun'! I know you get it in Cal, but here in the UK, winter ended, and Autumn began, every year for the last three at least!
I'm sure we'll think of you whilst we enjoy a beer or six!
You know I'm just jealous!

I'd love to get over to the "old country" and see all there is to see, but probably won't be able to for some time!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your vacation, and definately have a couple rounds for me! :occasion5:

Going to south africa in october to swim with great white sharks and to go on safari its a birthday pressie from my wife but i think she has put my life insuranse up.BB

You're going to swim with sharks BB?!! Why don't you try something safer, like taking the p*ss out of a suicide bomber whilst standing next to him?!!! Rather you than me mate, but I hope you have a great time, and don't come back in kit-form!!

I would love to go and get in a shark cage and "swim" with the Great Whites. I think it would be a wonderful experience.

Yep should be a real rush to see those animals up close its always been an ambition to do this .I must be mad but hey you only live once so what the heck go for it HeHe.we are going to a small reserve just south of kruger i can,t remember the name but i think it begins with an m ands is one of those long african names.BB Hey gnomey any tips mate.terry there are plenty of people who can glue me back together on here mate.BB

Last edited:
Oops!I hadn't realised you'd be in a cage! Doh!!
Well, we can glue you back together if needs be, but can't guarantee the parts will be the right way around!!!

Yep should be a real rush to see those animals up close its always been an ambition to do this .I must be mad but hey you only live once so what the heck go for it HeHe.we are going to a small reserve just south of kruger i can,t remember the name but i think it begins with an m ands is one of those long african names.BB Hey gnomey any tips mate.terry there are plenty of people who can glue me back together on here mate.BB

It is certainly a huge rush to see them up close from a vehicle (even better on foot), especially the 'big five'. If you have always wanted to do it, you will love it.

There is quite a few around beginning with M - mainly just to the West of Kruger. Manyeleti is one (Makalali is the other but further away). The small private reserves around Kruger are excellent game viewing (got friends who work at Tinga Game Reserve - just South of Sabi Sands). I won't need to give you any pointers if you are there as the guides are usually excellent. Basic points to take a note of are always keep your eyes and ears open and look for anything that looks unusual. You will probably will feel that you can't see anything in the first drive but that will improve with the number of drives that you do. Really hope you enjoy it as it is an excellent experience and a wonderful place (Cape Town is excellent as is Stellenbosch and taking a Wine Tour is a must). There is a reason why I have kept going back to do more safari's, hope you realise why after you have done it.

My 2-week holiday starts on sept. 1st, and I don't know yet whether my buddy and me are going bikeabout or what, so I don't know yet whether or not I'll be able to get online yet.
And about the term "bikeabout"?
Well, I bet you've heard the australian expression "He's gone walkabout", right?
From the web:
"Walkabout" as in "He's gone Walkabout" an Australian term meaning "a journey undertaken without notice or warning, of no fixed duration, with no particular destination in mind, and usually undertaken for reasons of spiritual well being"

I think you get the idea about "bikeabout" then. ;)

I'm back from my crazy warbird trip! I went to:

Saturday: Canadian Air Force Museum, CFB Trenton.
Notable Planes: Halifax, Hunter, MiG-21

Sunday: Canadian Aviation Museum, Ottawa, plus the air show that was at the museum.
Notable Planes: B-24, PBY, He 162, Beaufighter, Bolingbrooke
Airshow: Spitfire XVI, P-40
Canadian War Museum, Ottawa
Notable Exhibits: Panther

Monday: Vintage Wings of Canada, Gatineau
Notable Planes: FG-1D, P-51D, P-40, Spitfire XVI, Hurricane, Swordfish, Lysander

Tuesday: Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, Hamilton
Notable Planes: Lancaster, DC-3, Firefly, Sea Fury
Russell Aviation Group, Niagra Falls
Notable Planes: Bf-109E-4, Spitfire (IX?), Hurricane

I took almost 1000 pictures, which will be uploaded over time. I can't post any pictures I took at Russell until I get their permission, as they once had a volunteer who took pictures without their knowledge (which in itself isn't a big deal), but they then sold them in a book at 45 pounds a pop, and sold a few hundred, and gave RAG no credit or recognition at all, so he kind of ruined it for everyone. In fact, they weren't letting any pictures be taken for a while. So I don't know when I'll be allowed to post them, but when I am I will, as I got some really cool shots that you don't normally see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back