Going On Vacation ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Will be heading to Disney World on the 29th of this month for a nice little vacation break. Cant wait. I will be spending it with the wify and my little girl. My brother is tagging along with his girlfriend. I havent seen my brother much due to being military, so this will be a great chance for us to hang out some.

Off to Cyprus tommorrow...Sat 20.06.09... to do with work, so next to no personnal time for sight seeing (I did live in Cyprus between 2000 and 2003 so I know the place very well).

Flying over in a Tristar and then back on Wed ...next week ...by VC10. Done this trip loads of times in these birds. Prefer the Tristar tanker version as theres more room on the inside for stowing stuff, but nothing beats flying in the Queen of the Skies, the VC10.

Did you know that since they stopped flying the concorde fleet, the VC10 is the current fastest airliner flying !.

The Military VC10's have all had their seats turned around so you face the rear of the A/C. Quite a bit weird when the dude up front firewalls the loud levers and you start to slide out of the seat....and then you reach rotate speed and you tip forwards !!!.

See ya back on line Thursday eve

Crickey !. I've only been away since the 20th and I log on this morning at work and find that theres 2223 new replies and assorted topics opened !!! Bliimey !

Well, I've flown around 5500 miles, facing backwards, in a shade under nine hours, all courtesy of the good old Vickers VC10 operated by the RAF.

Heading off Sunday for Washington, DC for 4 days. My Union is sending me to the yearly convention, all expense paid. I'll be busy during the day and at night will check things out. Want to go to the Air/Flight Musuem and to the WWII memorial. Hope I can.

If I get lost maybe Cota can give me a couch to sleep on? :):):)

Njaco, any pics ot Ta152 taken in NASM?8)

Hopefully soon I will be taking a mini-vacation (day trip) to the aviation museum 2 hours out from me. Over 40 aircraft, b17 walk through, bi-plane ride!!! And the best yet, they do a daily P51 show with several fly-bys. Their mission is to restore and drive it, not let it sit in the hanger. Can't wait!! Pictures will be supplied, ofcourse..

That's "Minnesota". Wave if you dirve by me, I'll be the guy in the Gray Chevy Silverado with Minnesota plates. Oh, wait every other person in Minnesota drives a Gray Silverado;) Have fun, sounds like it's going to be plenty windy tomorrow so be careful if you go in/on the lake.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back