Going On Vacation ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

On vacation from the 10th of June going to head on a tour through Southern Africa (Cape Town to Vic Falls) before heading off to Australia for 3 weeks and then returning to South Africa for a week or so before finally heading home :(

Gone starting Thurs, June 5 through June 8th. Going north for a gathering of guys that are going to build some bows and shoot some BS. Should be home on Sunday with a nice new Osage primitive bow to fling some arrows with.

We're all going away for the weekend. Somebody make sure that flyboy doesn't bring his posse in here and mess things up. I nominate Wilbur as the babysitter. :) :)

Dont know if anyone still reads this thread but wat the heck...

We're off to New Zealand in 3 days for a 2 week skiing trip.
Looking forward to it!

Cheers
Simon

Thanks everyone! Got back late last night after 14 hrs of travelling...

It was absolutely fantastic! 4 days of skiing and a trip to the Alpine Fighter Collection at Wanaka!
You guys have gotta hear this story... We were half way down quite a large mountain (Cardrona for those who know it) when a P-51 Mustang flys overhead, pretty low too!
That was awesome but next minute he comes tearing over the summit and DIVES down the full length of the mountain!!! Crazy thing is, he wouldnt have been higher than 100ft above the slope (some people even thought 50ft max!!!) I think everyone here can imagine he sight and sound of a Mustang with its Merlin running full throttle diving at about 350mph, only metres above the ground!!

Highly illegal but sure made my week!!!

Cheers
Simon

We will not be taking a vacation this year. Had a great one last year on the Island of Crete, but since we are planning on moving to Alaska this year (or early next year) we are not taking a long vacation this year.

Instead we are just going to fly up to London for a week and check out the museums and stuff.

Currently planning my only vacation in 2 years - to Geneseo, New York and the airshow. Looks like a cool town, found a B&B that also has a spa (for the pre-wife :)) and along with the airshow, there is a festival that weekend with a car show, sidewalk sales, etc., etc.,. Pb doesn't know yet because I haven't made it concrete but we may meet up and check his planes out.

Currently planning my only vacation in 2 years - to Geneseo, New York and the airshow. Looks like a cool town, found a B&B that also has a spa (for the pre-wife :)) and along with the airshow, there is a festival that weekend with a car show, sidewalk sales, etc., etc.,. Pb doesn't know yet because I haven't made it concrete but we may meet up and check his planes out.
thats cool I'll look forward this year is Navy aircraft with 4 Corsairs on the List along with the usual suspects . I'll hook up with you no problem in fact with pleasure
1941 Historical Aircraft Group Museum in Geneseo, NY
interesting group they are restoring an A20, B23 and a C119

Thanks Pb! Nothing is set just yet but it may be possible. I'll have to dig out that banner from Reading last year to use. Geneseo looks like a cool town and they seem to have alot going on that weekend. Tenatively planning on going up on Friday and leaving on Tuesday. We'll see.

I'm off to the Vendee in western France on saturday for a week :) I'm looking forward to spending some time in La Rochelle, I've heard there's a nice little model shop there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back