GPM B-29 Superfortress 1/33 scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ahoy
Thanks Terry mike and the rest of you great fellas for your replies She is now done tomorrow i will take her outside for some finished pictures and hang her up in the crowded celing of my finished basement. I put in a lot of hours on this Beast not certain if i am going to build anymore of these monsters they take up alot of room. My wonderfull wife ruthie wants me to hang the Paul tibbets special in our living room ceiling I,m game......... The Tyres are made from turned light cardboard i turned them on my lathe and added some tread to them all is left is the little Boy atomic bomb and she is read for another bombing mission now for the next build.

Boats

Attachments

• PICT0013.JPG
    PICT0013.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 146
  • PICT0014.JPG
    PICT0014.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 140
  • PICT0015.JPG
    PICT0015.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 128
  • PICT0016.JPG
    PICT0016.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 141
  • PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 142
  • PICT0018.JPG
    PICT0018.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 167
  • PICT0019.JPG
    PICT0019.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 141
  • PICT0020.JPG
    PICT0020.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 141
  • PICT0021.JPG
    PICT0021.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 146
  • PICT0022.JPG
    PICT0022.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 148
  • PICT0023.JPG
    PICT0023.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 142
  • PICT0024.JPG
    PICT0024.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 146
  • PICT0025.JPG
    PICT0025.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 163
  • PICT0026.JPG
    PICT0026.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 149
  • PICT0027.JPG
    PICT0027.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 147
  • PICT0028.JPG
    PICT0028.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 142
  • PICT0029.JPG
    PICT0029.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 146
  • PICT0030.JPG
    PICT0030.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 142
Wow your tires turned out great too! I'm amazed that landing gear doesn't just fold up. How much you think she weighs?

Ahoy Matt

Thanks for your always wonderfull replies Matt you the man, she weighs 25 oz looks heavier then that judgeing from the shots you know as well as i do paper dont weigh hardly anything.. I just finished her up i will post the finished pictures of her you will see how huge she is outside. thanks Matt.

Boats

Ahoy
Before I begin I would love to thank each and everyone of you great fellas for your replioes and views I finally got her done and hung up in the crowded airspace of my man cave, I just started another build as of now i will post it in a minute. Here is the B-29 Superfortress.

Boats:D:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 149
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 144
  • PICT0010.JPG
    PICT0010.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 151
I was skeptical of how your aluminum application was looking. Now I see your foil work in the proper sunlight AND IT IS FRICKIN AWESOME, BOATS!!! Well done sir.

Only one question... you mentioned the Missus was going to allow you to hang 'er from the house ceiling proper, but your last post indicates a hanging from your 'man cave'. Did she change her mind? And frankly, if she did I can't blame her. That is a BIG BIRD!!

I was skeptical of how your aluminum application was looking. Now I see your foil work in the proper sunlight AND IT IS FRICKIN AWESOME, BOATS!!! Well done sir.

Only one question... you mentioned the Missus was going to allow you to hang 'er from the house ceiling proper, but your last post indicates a hanging from your 'man cave'. Did she change her mind? And frankly, if she did I can't blame her. That is a BIG BIRD!!

Ahoy Matt
Yes she did my wife loves to dust she has a duster and she is constantly dusting all the time she said she would be afraid of dusting it and she might break off a couiple parts with all the work i put into it would be broken so I elected to hang her up in my man cave a coule neighbors came over and thier peepers popped out when they saw all of my collections. the aluminum paneling is very effective in natural sunlight just like the real machine I live 10 miles away from Wright Patterson airforce Base Museum the Bocks car is their the superfortress that dropped the second bomb on Nagasaki all polished aluminum you can climb aboard and view the intire ship inside the B-29 there is a radio speaker playing Glenn miller tunes from the 1940s it takes you back in time I remember thoise old tunes My father and mother had a intire collection of those old recordings I remeber back in the 1940s when these tunes were popular.. Nowdays a whole intire different universe Thanks Matt for your reply I am honored.

Boats

Looking good, Boats. Say.... in one of the previous pic's I noticed a bowl full of toothpicks. What do you use them for ???

Charles

Looking good, Boats. Say.... in one of the previous pic's I noticed a bowl full of toothpicks. What do you use them for ???

Charles

Ahoy Charles
A Hardy Thanks You shipmate, for your reply on my B-29, the bowl of toothpicks are used for reiforcemnts on propellers and landing gear struts on my cardmodels I build and i use them for cleaning off unwanted paint on windshields and canopies on plastic kits just about anything they are good for spreading glue on parts.

Boats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back