GrauGeist's Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys!

It wasn't what I was after, but this turned out far better anyway!
Pretty cool. It almost looks like his wings are bent backwards.
Eric, I'm suspecting this might be a prototype...probably based on the He P.1076 or the Bv P.209.02

Attachments

• He-P1076-3view.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Bv-P20902-3view.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 118
Wow Dave, that sunset is great, I like the fly too. By the way my eyes are better now, at least I can finish that Spit. Doctor said I have a incurable eye decease, called Map Dot Dystrophy. Just have to learn to live with it. Hope to get to the Chino Air Museum next week. Cheers

Holy crap, Merv, there's nothing they can do for your eyes?? That's terrible news!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the photos, and like I said before, take your time on those skins, you're work is excellent and much appreciated.

Here's kind of a cool shot I grabbed over the weekend.

I have a few oaks that overlook the creek outside, and one of them is a Black Oak. This time of year it wears a coat of moss, and in the early morning light, it really lights up.

I shot this using my Sigma 70-300 lense at a range of about 40 feet.

Attachments

• IMGP8568-rs.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 77
Thanks guys!

Sometimes you can see a picture within a picture. If I had used my standard lens (18-55), it would have been just a bunch of leafless trees on a gloomy gray morning. As it turns out, having the 70-300 on there made all the difference in the world.

I was going over some photos from last year, and came across some fireworks photos I had taken in October of 2008. The story behind these, is that the 4th of July fireworks were cancelled because of the terrible wildfires we were having. The extreme fire danger coupled with the horrible air quality made them postpone the display until much later in the year. Personally, I thought they should have held off until New Years...

Anyway, I shot these photos from my deck, looking over the neighborhood trees. It's a different effect, almost dreamlike in a way. I set the photos to some music and posted the video at YouTube, for anyone that would like to see it. I'll also post a few of the photos here.

My video is here: View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V7UoNGNeP8

Attachments

• IMGP4862-rs.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMGP4896-rs.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMGP4901-rs.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMGP4906-rs.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMGP4917-rs.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 102