GrauGeist's Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys!
Great stuff, Dave. That rainbow looks huge!
The actual image, or montage, after being pieced together and trimmed up, is almost 4600 pixels wide by almost 1900 high and a file size of just shy of 100 Mb...

If you were viewing the actual rainbow that day, and facing due east, it would have started just out of your right peripheral vision and arced across to just outside of your left. The camera, with the 18-55 lense on it, could only catch just shy of 2/3 of it in one frame.

Now if I just had that 28m/m wide-angle lens I've been wanting to get...

Fantastic photos Dave, the moss close up just brilliant and as for a winter violet, is it by chance living inside. The rainbow shots are just awesome particularly on the thundery cloud background.

Thanks Vic, glad you enjoyed the shots!

And no, the Violets live outside and seem to thrive in hot/warm/cold weather. Matter of fact, when that photo was taken, it was a clear, cold day (about 41°F/5°C) with night-time temps dipping just below freezing.

Thanks guys!

We do have some Air events coming up this year, though not as cool as a full-blown airshow, will still be cool all the same. Benton Airfield (O85) will have thier Father's Day fly-in, and the Balloon-Fest in McCloud and Colusa (both later in the year) and I am really going to try and get out to the Air Races in Reno thier year.

In the meanwhile, here's a couple more nature shots
First is a Robin in the Oak accross the way from me (taken with my 70-300 Zoom), and the other is a small patch of Red Clover at work (right behind where I park my car) taken on a rainy (and cold, and windy...did I mention cold?) day (taken with my 18-55)...

Attachments

• IMGP8912[1024x681].jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMGP10084[1024x681].jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Thanks Aaron Eric!

Saw this new Audi in the side-view mirror while waiting for a train downtown yesterday. Tried to snap a shot of it a few minutes later as they were turning left at an intersection...

It is kinda hard to drive and shoot pix at the same time

Attachments

• IMGP10281[1024x681].jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMGP10282[1024x681].jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 55
I just love your rainbow shots, they're really gorgeous! *respectful courtesying*
And those macro shots - dang, that lens rocks, and those...is it shamrocks or clover?...are awesome, they look so moist and juicy and crisp and fresh and...spring-like, if you know what I mean!
And that Audi looks mean!

Thanks everyone!

And I heard that machine before I saw it! I just happened to have my Pentax handy and had a better view of it in the mirror so I took the shot!

Maria, that's a Red Clover native to this area. The Red Clover's leaves are larger and a bit greener than the regular clover that is also found all over this area.

I think I'm going to try some reverse psychology...

I'd like to get out and get aircraft/aerial shots, but I have better luck with landscapes. So my thinking is that I could care less about aircraft and want to get landscape shots all the time (see where I'm going with this?)

So I'll just end up getting photos of aircraft all the time, and hardly anything else...

Hey, it's worth a shot, right?

In the meantime, here's a few I think everyone might enjoy.

First shot is of a geologic formation north of town here, called "Castle Crags". These granite spires are geologically older than the volcanic mountain ranges that surround it and are the result of ancient tectonic upheaval.

This sunset was caught by accident, actually. I was on my way to the store, and happened to have my camera in the car (usually I take it out when I get home from work) and pulled over for a few shots.

Spanish Lavender with bees...I cropped it and sized it down a little.

Attachments

• IMGP10239[1024x681].jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMGP10433[1024x681].jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMGP10504-cr[1024x680].jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 84

Users who are viewing this thread