GrauGeist's Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, glad I was able to contribute a few old barns...unfortunately, those are about all I was able to find during the trip. I know more were out there, but I doing most of the driving...by the way, all of those barn shots were done from a moving car with the exception of the old dairy.

Shinpachi, I'm glad you enjoyed the Joss house photograph. It is indeed an original Chinese temple and dates back to the 1870's. It is still used for worship by folks who follow the Tao religion. If you would like a little more information on the Joss house in Weaverville, see this page: Weaverville Joss House State Historic Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I finally got my computer working that I use for my photos (uploading, archiving, etc) and now can access my Father's Day photos I took at the Benton Field (O85) fly-in!

I'll post 'em up tomorrow, but for now, I'll post one that I know Eric will be interested in!

Attachments

• IMGP1810[1024x681].jpg
    IMGP1810[1024x681].jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 69
Glad everyone has enjoyed the photos so far!

And Shinpachi, when you posted photos of the Temple near your home in your thread, it reminded me of the Joss House!

Still sorting out photos but I'll post one from last weekend that has a few elements I think everyone will like: A basic landscape shot with stormclouds, a really big mountain, an old building and railroad stuff! Kind of like something for everyone! :lol:

It's Mount Shasta viewed from the switchyard in the old lumber town of McCloud, California. The old building you see is on the edge of a 100+ year old lumber mill and the rail yards (just out of view) are about the same age.
(and while Shasta may look like it's erupting, it's not...those are some really big thunderheads building up - that mountain is well over 14,000 feet tall...)

Attachments

• IMGP2614[1024x681].jpg
    IMGP2614[1024x681].jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Sorry guys for the delay in replying, I've been going through a huge rough patch in my relationship here at home, so alot of things have been pushed to the back burner.

Eric, no, unfortunately, I didn't get to see/speak with Terry at the time the photo was shot, there was alot of stuff going on!

Thanks everyone for all the compliments on the Mount Shasta shot, and there were some real good ones I wanted to post in Jan's mountain thread but: see above :(

Nice job, BP (and no, I don't mind!) I like aging photos, it's a real challenge to make a modern photo look like the real deal! :thumbleft:

If you want to see a good thread with "aged" aircraft shots, check out Gary's (GeeDee) thread: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/personal-gallery/geedees-omg-i-forgot-colour-warbirds-16481.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back