GrauGeist's Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, for all the support, I really appreciate it.

Life sometimes throws a curveball at us, and this was one I wasn't expecting. I'm still keeping the faith that everything will turn around and work out.

Anyway, a friend offered to take me up last weekend, and I actually dusted the camera off and took it along.

No matter how crappy things are, there's nothing like a good flight to lift the spirits.

I grabbed a shot of a 1957 Beech T-34B for Eric, this one's being worked on at Hillside Aviation. They seem to have a few of these T-34s being repaired/restored.

Next shot was taken shortly after Jim (on the right) and I took off from Benton Airfeild (O85) and headed south to Red Bluff (RBL) for some lunch. I might mention that the food there at Red Bluff's airport cafe is most excellent, so if you're in the area, be sure to check 'em out.

And shortly before our return to Benton, we passed over the Sundial Bridge here in Redding. The river is the Sacramento, which runs through downtown. The large building to the left of the bridge is the Turtle Bay Museum (the Redding Convention Center is in the upper left corner).

Attachments

• IMGP2819[1024x681].jpg
    IMGP2819[1024x681].jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMGP2822[1024x681].jpg
    IMGP2822[1024x681].jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMGP2850[1024x681].jpg
    IMGP2850[1024x681].jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 88
Nothing like some flying to get away for a while. Good stuff! Did you happen to catch the serial number on that T-34? I am trying to track all the survivors as part of a project I am doing and I haven't seen that one before.

Nevermind, got it. I was able to squint the N number. The FAA shows the serial as 144097, which is the USN serial number. Looks like it was originally a US Navy D-45 (T-34B) with the MFR serial of BG-404, one of the later ones. I like the high viz tail.

Thanks Aaron and Eric...

Eric, that T-34B is N144PM, C/N is 144097

The yellow one I got a shot of last Father's day, I can get the number/info for you if you'd like.

The one I posted over a year ago is N34AU (I'll repost the pic for you) here.

I'll check with the guys @ Hillside Aviation and see what all else they have around there.

Attachments

• IMGP6356a.jpg
    IMGP6356a.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 88
Nevermind, got it. I was able to squint the N number. The FAA shows the serial as 144097, which is the USN serial number. Looks like it was originally a US Navy D-45 (T-34B) with the MFR serial of BG-404, one of the later ones. I like the high viz tail.

lol...beat me to the punch! :)

Hmmm, you have an enigma with N34AU. It doesn't show in the FAA N number registry, nor in any of my documentation on T-34s.

Further digging may be showing as a former Chilean T-34A (FACh-117). So it may be a former export B-45, although the three bladed prop has me thrown a bit.

Thanks again for all the compliments, guys :)

I actually shot some sunset shots the other day for the first time in quite a while, and was rewarded with a real neat shot.

A plane had just taken off from Benton Field and passed across my shot...I thought it came out pretty nice :thumbleft:

(I know this looks edited, but it's not...I was using my Sigma 70-300)

Attachments

• IMGP12936[1024x681].jpg
    IMGP12936[1024x681].jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 95

Users who are viewing this thread

Back