GrauGeist's Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As always, I appreciate the compliments, guys!

Sorry I get so behind in posting images...you would think with all the free time I have on my hands these days, I'd be visiting this thread daily :lol:

Anyway, here's some more eye candy...Enjoy!

A January Sunset
IMGP7279[720x477].jpg

A Robin warms itself in the early morning winter sun
IMGP36297-ed[720x479].jpg

A February Sunset
IMGP7540[720x477].jpg

An early Spring Thunderstorm
IMGP36525[720x479].jpg

A Hawk stalking a Blue Jay
IMGP7699-ed[720x477].jpg

A sure sign that Spring is here!
IMGP8146-ed[720x477].jpg

An Eclipse...
(taken at totality - 12:53 a.m. Pacific)
IMGP36766-ed[720x479].jpg

And a Butterfly doing it's thing
IMGP8268-ed[720x477].jpg

Thanks for stopping by! :thumbleft:

Last edited:
Glad everyone is enjoying the photos!

Dave, the Blood Moon shot............................ROCKS!We couldn't see it here for the clouds and rain.
Great shots Dave, really. The recent eclipse was also full where I live but I'm an hour ahead of you so it would have been a late night for me to get pics at totality. That pic turned out great.
Well, it was high-altitude overcast here until about 30 minutes before parhelion. Then the clouds thinned as the show got underway. After totality, I shot for a little longer, but called it a night. According to my friends that stayed behind and kept shooting, the high-altitude clouds came back about a half hour later! :lol:

Wish that kind of luck would work for me with attorneys and lottery tickets! :evil4:

Since the eclipse shot was such a hit, I'll share a few more :)

This was taken through a very thin overcast...most of it had already dispersed.
Here you can see everything is already underway, the official start was 10:38 the evening of the 14th.
The time of this shot is 11:12 p.m. (Pacific)
IMGP36681-ed[720x479].jpg

This was taken at 12:05 a.m. (Pacific) as it was progressing.
IMGP36727-ed[720x479].jpg

And here it is moving out of the Earth's shadow, taken at 1:16 a.m. (Pacific)
IMGP36776-ed[720x479].jpg

You should see me after a day of photographing, going over the shots trying to decide which one to share/post...

Sometimes, after extreme indecision, I just throw my hands in the air and give up :lol:

Yep, my wife wonders why I take 5 or 10 shots of the same object. I read an article in a photo magazine where a guy took over 2000 B&W shots of a cup and saucer before he was happy, and that was with print film.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back