GrauGeist's Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Everyone's been having good luck grabbing the full moon, but we've had thunderstorms and forest fire smoke here until this evening, so I decided to go out and give it a shot...

The moon was tinted from the smoke, but the upside was a slower shutter speed which allowed some good details of the lunar surface.

I even grabbed a shot of Jupiter with a few of her moons (it's the bright "star" near the moon). The shot is not Hubble quality, but it's cool that my 70-300 can pull 'em in. If the moon wasn't so bright, the quality would be better, so I adjusted the contrast a little for clarity. There's 3 moons to the right of Jupiter, two are very close together, and look like one. To the left, there's one for sure and possibly one more further out.

Attachments

• IMGP7420-cr.jpg
    IMGP7420-cr.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMGP7426-cr.jpg
    IMGP7426-cr.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 84
Nice ones, Dave. I thought about trying a Jupiter shot yesterday, but I have too many trees in the way.
I have bunch of trees here too. So I drug my camera tripod out to the street (at 12:30 a.m.) and grabbed a shot that way! :lol:

Nice shots,Dave. I think the smoke adds to the mood of the shot. Wouldn't it nice to afford a telescope with a camera attachment ? :shock:8)
Oh trust me, I have thought about that for years!

It's really not all that expensive, either. But I find that my camera does a broad range of things a telescope/camera can't, so when I can grab a stellar object like the moon or even Jupiter, I'm happy enough! :thumbleft:

Thanks Aaron!

To be honest, I was looking at a Sigma APO 800mm f5.6 EX DG HSM. This baby is about three steps beyond cool! It's also about 8,000 dollars...

Soooo...I look and I lust, but that's about it :lol:

Just happened to have the camera handy this morning when a couple Rufous Hummingbirds showed up in the Oak tree by my deck...

Also caught a female Woodpecker the other day :)

This Oak tree attracts all sorts of birds, but the Hummingbirds (all types) like to sit and rest in it, just never when I have my camera! :lol:

Attachments

• IMGP7472-cr.jpg
    IMGP7472-cr.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMGP7467-cr.jpg
    IMGP7467-cr.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 98
  • IMGP6134-cr.jpg
    IMGP6134-cr.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 103
Nice shots, I use the Elmer's myself. :D Great Woodpecker shot. I've been trying to get mine to sit still but won't cooperate yet.8)
Use a BB gun then stick 'em up there with duct tape :evil4:

*disclaimer*
This is just sick humor...it is not intended to be factual or suggestive.
Never shoot anything you don't intend to eat.
Never shoot anything within city limits.
Birds are your friends.
Kids, don't try this at home, you'll put your eye out.

Thats some nifty camera work there Dave. Nicely captured, well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back