GrauGeist's Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great pics Dave, and thanks for the sound track. Believve it or not, that's the first time I've ever heard a B24 - marvellous!
I'll have to figure out a way of transferring the soundtrack from my BBMF programme, with the Lancaster starting, running up, taxiing and take off. Plus the Spits!

Great pics Dave, and thanks for the sound track. Believve it or not, that's the first time I've ever heard a B24 - marvellous!
I'll have to figure out a way of transferring the soundtrack from my BBMF programme, with the Lancaster starting, running up, taxiing and take off. Plus the Spits!
Thanks Terry, I'm glad you liked it!

I grew up around older aircraft, including warbirds and there's nothing like the sound of a radial although a V-12 sure pulls a close second!

I hope you find a way to transfer those sound files, it would be great to hear 'em!

I was even considering starting a thread in the technical section devoted just for aircraft engine sound files.

Yeah, the red is almost too much...

I really wish I could have used my flash, but the gal at the door told me no, so I didn't want to get busted.

I did a little editing in Photoshop, knocked just about all of the color out of it, and you can see the detail better now...

maybe you should have use a bit of visine. they still are most excellent.

maybe you should have use a bit of visine. they still are most excellent.
lol...thanks man!

These moon photos are for ontos (or anyone else who might be interested), to give an idea of how difficult it is to capture trees (or clouds) with a full moon in the picture.

I am far from being an expert on the subject, but I keep trying with the little knowledge that I'm armed with, and someday I might be able to master the shot. I know a person can photoshop an image to get the perfect shot, but I tend to be a purist (maybe my 35mm film experience creeping in here?) and try for the real deal.

They do have expensive video cameras that can do the job, but that's alot of money to spend just to get a few still photos here and there :lol:

IMG 1: Taken 1 January 08 - 1:17 a.m. (blurred from slight breeze)
IMG 2: Taken 22 January 08 - 7:52 p.m. (just a hint of a breeze ruined all but this shot that night)
IMG 3: Taken 17 September 08 - 9:38 p.m. (sky still smokey from local fires)
IMG 4: Taken 18 September 08 - 9:32 p.m. (again, smokey skies)
IMG 5: Taken 9 January 09 - 6:39 p.m. (the sun had set almost 2 hours earlier, the sky is nothing but moonlight)

Attachments

• IMGP1754-ed.jpg
    IMGP1754-ed.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMGP1803-ed.jpg
    IMGP1803-ed.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMGP4618-ed.jpg
    IMGP4618-ed.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMGP4637-ed.jpg
    IMGP4637-ed.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMGP5502-ed.jpg
    IMGP5502-ed.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 103
Thanks guys!

I guess I'm stubborn (can't tell if it's my German ancestry or my Scottish) and get an idea in my head and I'll keep plugging away at it until I get results.

None of those photos are what I'm after, but I'll keep trying, and with a digital camera, I can afford to keep taking shots until I get "that one". :lol:

It's a bummer that all the great airshows are everywhere but this area right now, though the Redding Airshow is next month but still not like Duxford or Airventure :(

I have gotten some photos of some critters recently, so what the heck...we'll look at bugs 'till the planes come in! :lol:

The first three photos were taken with my 18-55 lense, the last photo was taken with my 100mm Macro lense. The first and last photos were sized down from 3008x2000, the second and third were cropped (1024x680). The Spider is about 1" (2.5cm) in length.

Attachments

• IMGP6796a.jpg
    IMGP6796a.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMGP7270cr.jpg
    IMGP7270cr.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMGP7271cr.jpg
    IMGP7271cr.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMGP7380a.jpg
    IMGP7380a.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 72
Super stuff Dave thanks for letting us see them re the B24.
I have often wondered if the ultra low gear was an advantage or disadvantage when landing or sevicing

Thanks guys!

It's amazing how nice the shots come out when those little :xcensoredx: stay still...

And Lee, to be honest, I really don't know why the B-24 was built so close to the deck. I know that the main wing was built with a high degree of lift, so perhaps they felt it wasn't nessecary to have the aircraft up any higher than that. I do know that the ball turret has to be retracted for landing because of the low clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back