GrauGeist's Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What? No gunplay? ;) Nice job. :thumbleft:
:lol:

Glad you enjoyed it...these videos are actually the byproduct of a DVD I am making, and the process isn't too difficult. The hard part is going back through thousands of photos, selecting and organizing them during the video making process!

Here's another video, it's looking like there'll be a few more before I get to the landscapes...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvM-AX4Bnig

I was even thinking of making a short video with Aluminum Overcast in it, set to 40's era music using the quasi-slideshow style of these current videos.

Well, I got out of work at lunch time so I could catch the Collings Foundation's visit at the Redding Airport.

Real nice seeing a B-17, B-24 and a P-51 roll in!

I grabbed a good number of shots, but there were alot of people all over, so potentially good shots were spoiled by heads, legs, etc...

I may head back over tomorrow afternoon for some more opps, maybe I can catch them giving folks rides like I did with Aluminum Overcast!

1st photo: PT-51C taxiing in.
2nd photo: B-17G "Nine O Nine" landing.
3rd photo: B-24J "Witchcraft" passing overhead.
4th photo: "Witchcraft" landing.
5th photo: "Witchcraft" static.

Attachments

• IMGP6843-rs.jpg
    IMGP6843-rs.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMGP6848-rs.jpg
    IMGP6848-rs.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMGP6850-rs.jpg
    IMGP6850-rs.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 129
  • IMGP6859-rs.jpg
    IMGP6859-rs.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 119
  • IMGP6873-rs.jpg
    IMGP6873-rs.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 130
Thanks guys, I got a good number of shots today, but I wasn't happy with most...but I'll post a few more even if I don't get out there and grab more :lol:

Here's a couple shots of the PT-51C and for a mere $2,200, you can fly it...for reals. It's a dual control trainer and has gotta be pretty rare these days. I sure wish I had a couple grand to spend on a ride, but 2,200 would also get my BMW a few new parts, too!

The last photo is a shot I wanted to take after I posted an awesome photo a while back, showing a Me410 right off the starboard wing. So as I was passing through "Nine O Nine", I stopped at the radio station and grabbed a phto looking out the wing, much like the photographer did 60 some odd years ago. Only difference between his photo and mine was that it was nice and warm and there was a P-51 was off the wingtip :thumbleft:

Attachments

• B_17G_388bg.jpg
    B_17G_388bg.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMGP6915-rs.jpg
    IMGP6915-rs.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMGP6878-rs.jpg
    IMGP6878-rs.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 127
  • IMGP6874-rs.jpg
    IMGP6874-rs.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 117
Thanks for the compliments, guys...unfortunately, I wasn't able to get back out on Tuesday to get more photos, so I'll have to wait 'till next year for more pix of Witchcraft and Nine-O-Nine...

In the meantime, I'll post a few more shots. :thumbleft:

First photo is Aluminum Overcast
Second photo is Nine-O-Nine
Third photo is Witchcraft

Attachments

• IMGP6374-rs.jpg
    IMGP6374-rs.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 98
  • IMGP6875-rs.jpg
    IMGP6875-rs.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMGP6884-rs.jpg
    IMGP6884-rs.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 99
Thanks everyone, it's great to be able to get out of the shop for a while and enjoy the warbirds, even if I didn't have my camera along.

Last night a severe thunderstorm slowly rolled over us unleashing some furious lightning. The rain wasn't too bad, and I was spared the mothball sized hail that thrashed on a good deal of town. As it got really active, I decided to get the camera out and try for some lightning shots, even though the oak trees were in the way, I was able to score some really cool photos!

I really wish I had a good vantage point on one of the hills here in town to try and gets good lightning shots, but I can't afford a couple million for a house up there, and I don't want to try it out in the open (and end up looking that that idiot on the train there in India)...

Attachments

• IMGP6984-rs.jpg
    IMGP6984-rs.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMGP6983-cr.jpg
    IMGP6983-cr.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 110
  • IMGP6975-cr.jpg
    IMGP6975-cr.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMGP6963-rs.jpg
    IMGP6963-rs.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMGP6986-cr.jpg
    IMGP6986-cr.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 99
Don't stand under the trees or you will look like the guy from India.
:evil4:
lol, nice.....

GG, was the sky really that color or are you using a filter? Either way, awesome shots!
It was actually pitch black outside, a little light from the garage area was lighting up the trees. The sky was lighting up that purplish-blue color from the lightning strikes with the exception of the last photo, which was too fast of a release of the shutter during a massive cloud to cloud/cloud to ground strike.

I was using my 18-55 lense with a manual shutter release, an aperature of 4.0, no filter, and just pure dumb luck on capturing the bolts. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back