GrauGeist's Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

..... I could have gotten closer, but I didn't want to freak her out. (critters don't seem to appreciate a monsterous lense hanging over them for some reason) :lol:

Oh, I dunno... you got close enough to "Hootie" without freaking her out.. seemed quite comfortable with you in the creek bed, including dragging your gear in, and paid you no mind until those kids decided to make a racket..

awesome pics dude... any new additions to your flicker page? (duh, maybe I'll just go look)

Oh, I dunno... you got close enough to "Hootie" without freaking her out.. seemed quite comfortable with you in the creek bed, including dragging your gear in, and paid you no mind until those kids decided to make a racket..

awesome pics dude... any new additions to your flicker page? (duh, maybe I'll just go look)
Owls seem to be indifferent to your presence if you catch them late in the day, but not too close to evening.

And yeah, between the kids and the Bluejays heckling it, I'm surprised it stayed around as long as it did!

As far as flickr goes, I added a few a while back, and I have a few new additions I need to post...

Speaking of "Hootie", here's one of the last photos I grabbed before they moved on to greener (quieter) pastures :lol:

Attachments

• Imgp0737_1024.jpg
    Imgp0737_1024.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 121
Thanks guys!

Alot of the credit goes to the owl, who tolerated me getting about 6 feet away from it for the shot. It was a youngster, and wasn't really interested in what I was doing. These little Western Screech owls are about 9" tall as an adult.

I liked Aaron's barn photo, so I thought I'd show off a west coast barn :lol:

I took this a couple years ago along Highway 299 East, just a little north of town here.

And yes, I hate the cable too, but this is unedited. :)

Attachments

• IMGP0286a.jpg
    IMGP0286a.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 129
Thanks Aaron, I may edit out that cable for that post anyway...it's buggin' me! :lol:

And I agree Eric, there's something about a ghost town, not sure what it is...perhaps trying to imagine what it was like when the town was alive. There's all sorts of historic buildings all over this area, but they are disappearing at a rapid pace due to development and environmental conditions. We just lost an entire ghost town last summer due to the fire. It was in excellent shape, and they were considering creating a public park out of it. Nothing left but a few brick ruins now. :(

Here's a couple shots from the area.
First photo is a house currently occupied, it dates back to the late 1800's and is in Weaverville, a gold-rush era town to the west of here.
Next two photos show all that remains of the Ingot stamp mill mine to the east of here, on Cow Creek. It was in operation from the late 1800's through the depression.

Attachments

• IMGP0223a.jpg
    IMGP0223a.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 129
  • IMGP0287a.jpg
    IMGP0287a.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 139
  • IMGP0288a.jpg
    IMGP0288a.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 135
Yep, that's what I am talking about. Every year when I go to Mammoth, I fins stuff like that. We have visited Bodie many times and driven through a lot of the back roads in the Eastern Sierras just to look at a pile of rubble. Must be something nostalgic about it.

Well, Aluminum Overcast made her low pass over Benton Field today on her way to Redding Airport.

I'll be at Redding tomorrow (Tuesday) morning for a ton of photos!

I also grabbed a shot of a Beech B45 (T-34A) parked at Benton Field for Eric! :thumbright:

Attachments

• IMGP6361a.jpg
    IMGP6361a.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 135
  • IMGP6356a.jpg
    IMGP6356a.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 116

Users who are viewing this thread

Back