GrauGeist's Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The shot of the bee is really cool! 8)

It even amazed me at the detail, considering it was one of those "on the fly" shots - no pun intended :)

This moon shot is for Aaron, I grabbed it this evening after seeing his, so I can pass along the shutter speed and stuff. Perhaps that may help him with his next photo.

My Pentax K100D has the "mirror up, 2 second delay" feature that is perfect for night shots. Even though a full moon has a fast shutter speed, the mirror moving up prior to the shutter releasing will cause the camera to shake enough to hammer an otherwise sweet moon photo.

With the mirror feature engaged, the Shutter was set to 1/1000, Aperture was f5.6 and the ISO was 400.

Attachments

• IMGP6141.jpg
    IMGP6141.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 136
Thanks for the complements guys, it's most appreciated!

There is some nice detail there. What size lens are you using for that?

I'm using my Sigma 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 ADO DG

Also, all of my photos are captured in RAW format at a res of 3008x2000, I extracted the .jpg and cropped it, but no enhancements were made :)

Nice variety of photos, I am inspired to organise and post some of mine soon.. 8)
Thanks Clave, and I'll be sure to check yours out when you do! :)

This past week I had a little time to work with my SMC Pentax-D FA 1:2.8 100mm Macro lense.

A couple shots I liked were the little puffball (a relative of the dandelion) about 14mm across and a small hoppy spider that had just pounced on a little fly. It was a young female, about 1/4" (7mm) long.

I cropped both images, but didn't resize them.

Attachments

• Puffball.jpg
    Puffball.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 160
  • Snacking_Spider.jpg
    Snacking_Spider.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 145
Nice macro work. I have been thinking about playing with a macro lens.
Thanks Eric!

A Macro lense puts you into a whole new world. My Sigma is also capable of Macro shots, but this 100mm is really cool for uber-detail shots. The spider photo was taken at about 8" from the subject. I could have gotten closer, but I didn't want to freak her out. (critters don't seem to appreciate a monsterous lense hanging over them for some reason) :lol:

I've been thinking about a 28mm fisheye for my next lense. But that'll have to be when the economy picks up a little. :)

The weather has been kind of rainy and gloomy here recently, but this morning while having my coffee smoke, I noticed raindrops on a Pointsetta leaf. So I grabbed a shot using my Pentax with my Sigma 70-300 lense in Macro mode.

The shot was made at a distance of 6 feet at a shutter speed of 1/250 (the lighting was heavy overcast @ 7:00 a.m.), ISO was 400. The image hasn't been cropped or enhanced, but was reduced from 3008x200 to 1024x681.

Attachments

• IMGP6322a.jpg
    IMGP6322a.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 141
I second that emotion! :notworthy:

Can't believe that I've missed this thread! Some amazing shots GG, outstanding! Just love the moon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back