Greetings all

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thunderbolt56

Airman
Dec 31, 2008
I would like to say hello to the community and introduce myself.

I'm a long-time aviation enthusiast and have been around the flight-sim community for many years (strange how I never found this place :oops: ). My Grandfather was in the 8th AF 303rd BG until 1944 when he was transferred to the 20th AF 509th BG (atomic squad) for the remainder of the war. While I was always interested, I didn't have the appreciation for it until I was in my late teens.

I collect (and read) aviation books, aviation art and other myriad worthless trinkets.

Anyway, I hope to enjoy this site and contribute to some good discussions as I'm able.

TB

Welcome aboard! :occasion5: Trinkets rock, worthless or no!!!!

LOL...I have a chunk of the Tico Belle. It's is a C-47 being refurbished that took place on many D-Day drops as well as the Berlin airlift. I also have a manual starter knob from a P-47 (ebay rocks!).

Everything I have right now is made up of limited edition prints and because my Wife decided we didn't have room during a home remodeling session a few years ago, I have all of them hanging in my office.

I have 2 prints from Nic Trudgian (Advance into Europe: signed by Nic, Hub Zemke, Donald Strait, Paul Conger and Gabby Gabreski),(Normandy Fighter Sweep: signed by Nic and Johnnie Johnson), A P-47 print of Gerald Johnson's In the Mood by Ernie Boyette signed by Jerry Johnson and Ernie, A black white sketch by Lonnie Ortega titled Collision over Buchen signed by both the 109 pilot and a couple survivers from the B-17 as well as Ortega, and Troy White's New Years Bash depicting Billy Whisner's 190 kill on Jan 1 1944.

:)

I haven't gotten any new art in almost 5 years and have been collecting mostly signed hardback books. They're easier to store. Problem there is I'm gonna need a bigger cabinet soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back