Gumby's Pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

They're actually quite docile little critters.
My wife had a big one on her shoulder and didn't even realise it until I told her.

I think they're quite nice-looking (for an insect, that is).

I went to watch the local round of the world rally championship. Its crazy how close you can get to the cars, close enough to get sprayed by the dirt and dust they throw up as they go past.

Attachments

• IMG_3037 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3037 (Small).JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3058 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3058 (Small).JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3202 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3202 (Small).JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3291 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3291 (Small).JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3354 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3354 (Small).JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3224 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3224 (Small).JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 109
Generally, you can't stand on the outside of a corner. Where most of these photos were taken from, there was a slight bend in the road, so that I could get a good shot. So, things aren't quite as dangerous as they seem. But, the rally does travel past a lot of private property, so they can't stop everyone from sitting wherever they want to.

I remember a couple of years ago, one guy was standing where he shouldn't have been (on the road) and got hit. The general attitude of everyone, including the media was that it was his own fault, the idiot.

The standards do seem to vary from one country to another though.

Thanks.

Yeah, it was a case of as soon as the car got too close to get a photo of, you had to turn and put the camera under your jacket to try to keep as much of hte dust off it as possible, but there was a bit of cleaning to do afterwards.

Finally finished off my Cj-6 rating today, and had to do some solo consolidation, so whipped out the phone and got these. I'm surprised they came out as good as they did.
WP_000332.jpg

WP_000334.jpg

WP_000336.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back