Hasegawa P-40E

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks heaps for the comments guys! Terry I used Tamiya TS-83 metallic silver spray can, same as on the spit I did for the PTO build.
Latest update has the white tail and wing leading edge theatre markings as used by RAAF and USAAF a/c in New Guinea along with a red fuselage band. As you can see I need to touch up the red a bit. The radiator intake has also been painted black.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 94
Cheers mate :) Small update - I've fitted the exhaust stacks and ring and bead sights (to be painted), painted the guns and wheel wells.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 96
Looks great Andy, and that's a bl**dy good job for a spray can! I tried using one years ago, before I got my first airbrush, but found that there wasn't enough control, and a lot of splatter and 'orange peel' effect. That said, it was one of those large enamel cans, and not a modelling product like the Tamiya stuff.

tHANKS FOR THE NICE WORDS GUYS!

Looks great Andy, and that's a bl**dy good job for a spray can! I tried using one years ago, before I got my first airbrush, but found that there wasn't enough control, and a lot of splatter and 'orange peel' effect. That said, it was one of those large enamel cans, and not a modelling product like the Tamiya stuff.

Using a spray can can be a bit difficult at times Terry, especially when trying to touch up small areas. This is especially true with the silver, as any touch up jobs with a brush stands out like dogs balls. Even though the finish I achieved is far from perfect, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Next step is the decals!

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 124

Users who are viewing this thread

Back