Hawker Typhoon Mk Ib Italeri 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you for following and comments.

Sure is. Note, though, that the upper part of the cockpit walls were painted matt black, as was the head armour and rear decking, whilst the lower section was Cockpit Grey-Green, with the tubular frames and heel boards in 'Aluminium' paint.

Thanks Airframes but now it's too late. I already have the wings and the fuselage glued only had not photos.

The pictures of the fuselage. Some putty and sanding was needed.

Here everything ready to start painting.

Regards

ajcmac

Looking good, and no problem re the cockpit - but you could paint the upper section of the head armour, from the top of the seat up, in matt black both sides.

Thank you all.

Looking good, and no problem re the cockpit - but you could paint the upper section of the head armour, from the top of the seat up, in matt black both sides.

Airframes

I'll paint it black.

This began with a «Let's see how it looks». If staying bad, a cloth soaked in ethyl alcohol and everything would be again ready for painting, but not the D-Day. These limits on curved surfaces scared me a lot. Often avoid buying models that only bring the decorations for the Day D. If a certain Spitfire Eduard.

After much tape spends painting of white and black stripes it's over. I think that the stripes were not bad.

The photos.

Regards

ajcmac

Good stuff, and you're right, masking and painting stripes on curved surfaces can be tricky. Don't worry too much about them being neat, as the initial painting was often done in a hurry, sometimes with less than perfect results!

Thank you for following and commenting.

After placing the mask in stripes I painted the yellow onthe leading edge of the wings.

I put the mask on the leading edge and all ready to start painting Camouflage.

I painted the spinner, the propellers and wheels. Landing gear ready.

Missing weathering the spinner and the clear flat in propellers and wheels.

Regards

ajcmac

Users who are viewing this thread