Hawker Typhoon?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Anyhoo, fun is, three or fourbladed prop, what spinner as there are three different ones in the kit and long or short tail....

Nice to know that the kit comes with parts for the early, mid and late Typhoons. :D

BTW old boy, you were asking about the colour of the engine block. The pic below is the engine from the RAF Museum's Typhoon, more or less original WW2, photographed last October at Cosford, when the airframe and engine were being 'packed' ready for shipping to Canada.
It's black.
The only 'green' engine I've seen is the one on display alongside the RAF Museum's aircraft, now on loan at the museum in Canada, which presumably has been made 'pretty' for display purposes, for whatever reason.

Attachments

• Typhoon 1.jpg
    Typhoon 1.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 90
Much obliged old chap, tremendously appreciated and all that rot!
Should be restored to factory specs, even if outside only, otherwise....not correct!

Fiddle on with the '109, then......the He 219 or.....the Typhoon! Hmmmmm....

Green, white and red seem to be the standard colours used in cutaway examples of machinery, both military and industrial right up to the 1980's
I have seen a lot of engines, gearboxes and other devices sectioned and painted exactly like that Sabre - even down to being the same shade.

Trying to figure out this with the 'short tail' and 'long tail' versions in my Typhoon/Tempest books, could it have something to do with, if it's car door version or the sliding hood?

Oh we have criss-crossed posts. I don't think there is the piece omitted in the instruction. Just the pic no.67 is the general view at the engine with showing where the endings of the C14 pipe shoule be stuck. The black arrows going from these endings indicate it clearly. The small diagram seems to be no.66 and shows the C14 detail attached but the view at the engine and pipe is from the opposite direction comparing to the one no.67. So no problem with that methinks. Just a matter of reading skills of diagrams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back