HE 162

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think the wiki entry is wrong on the fuel capacity, but that's my personal opinion. I will check for sources later, but IIRC the "30 minutes" was the original requirement for the volksjaeger project that has since then been assumed for the actual He 162 for lack of reliable sources on that plane.

That's what I get for being out. :(
I missed all the funnies.

All I know is that at 12 I wouldn't have been left to my own devices on a computer.

Wheels

I was at a Best Buy store the other day and saw a 5yr old with his own Blackberry!!! I could see me at 6 yr, telling my dad, "I want the keys to the car!"

I was at a Best Buy store the other day and saw a 5yr old with his own Blackberry!!! I could see me at 6 yr, telling my dad, "I want the keys to the car!"
:lol:
He started giving the keys to me when I was 7.... sort of.

We lived out in the country and I would go out and start the truck every morning during the winter months.
Tell a kid to go out and start a vehicle so it can warm up for their Dad when it's below freezing these days.
Kids were a utilitarian item then.

No TV remote: Have the kid turn on the TV and change the channel
Left something upstairs: Send the kid to get it, or the dog.
Phone is Ringing: Have the kid go get it for you and stretch the cord all the way across the room to you.

Wheels

:lol: I must be related too! Thank God back then there were only 3 or 4 channels. It would have really stunk if there were the number there are today.

are we brothers? :)
In spirit if nothing else...
The late 60's and early 70's were a different time.

When did you get your first color TV ?
We got ours in 1980.
Up until then it was an old B&W 17 or 19 inch TV with rabbit ears.
When we got the 4th TV channel in our area it was a cause for celebration.
If we hadn't move to California I don't think we would have got a color TV even then.

Wheels

:lol:
He started giving the keys to me when I was 7.... sort of.

We lived out in the country and I would go out and start the truck every morning during the winter months.
Tell a kid to go out and start a vehicle so it can warm up for their Dad when it's below freezing these days.
Kids were a utilitarian item then.

No TV remote: Have the kid turn on the TV and change the channel
Left something upstairs: Send the kid to get it, or the dog.
Phone is Ringing: Have the kid go get it for you and stretch the cord all the way across the room to you.

Wheels

That's how I was raised and what I told my kids there were for!:D

We didn't have a TV until I was 10!

Had a B/W 15" all my early life until I was in my 20s and out of the house.

ahhhhh, the 500 ft curly phone cord. The TV channel DIAL. Rabbit ears (wait - I still have them!). No microwave oven. TV dinners had foil on them. CDs were rather large and made of vinyl.......

Had a B/W 15" all my early life until I was in my 20s and out of the house.

ahhhhh, the 500 ft curly phone cord. The TV channel DIAL. Rabbit ears (wait - I still have them!). No microwave oven. TV dinners had foil on them. CDs were rather large and made of vinyl.......

I still have the rabbit ears too.
They are on a 25 inch color TV that we hooked up to cable.
I just looked and the rabbit ears are still plugged in too. :oops:

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back