Heinkel he 111 1/72nd

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
not sure who's kit this is but another from my battered collection for restoration,i've memories of sitting in an ex spanish built Casa used in the filming of the film Battle of Britain at North Weald airfield in the mid 80's,i often wonder what happened to it as it was in 3 large pieces awaiting transport somewhere

bob2296.jpg

bob2297.jpg

the last pic shows the cockpit removed for detailing
bob2298.jpg

thanks for looking

bob2302.jpg

bob2303.jpg

bob2301.jpg

bob2304.jpg

bob2305.jpg

bob2306.jpg

progress so far,filling all done plus the cockpit detailed and painted,next the new undercart was made from electrical wire and cocktail sticks,the replacement wheel was made of a scrap wing tip from a unrestorable kit,finally she sits on her wheel for the 1st time in many years,thanks for looking

Plenty of work going on there. I know there's a Casa at the Duxford museum. Maybe it's the one you're thinking of. I visited one that flew into town here in the late 90's that used to belong to the Confederate Air Force but it has since crashed and is no more.

thats a shame,i lost touch with all the aircraft people and movements in the late 80's early 90's due to work and a new partner,you are proberly right about it being in Duxford now as i can't remember why but there was a reason it couldn't be easly reassembled and flown

Looking good Bob. Depending which period you mean, the Casa at north Weald went to the USA. The one at DX at present was imported from Spain, and I don't think was one from the BoB movie. Far as I remember, it first showed up there in the late 1990s or a couple of years later. It's now up on it's legs, but doesn't appear to have progressed in the last couple of years, outwardly, but there might have been a lot of internal work done.

the one i saw then must have been the one that went to the USA Terry,it was at North Weald when i saw it approx 1988/89 and the guy who showed me around said it was from the BoB film,at the time i was delivering a B25 glazed nose and came back with a Harvard less its engine on the back of my car transporter trailer

bob2313.jpg

bob2312.jpg

bob2308.jpg

progress so far,i need to make up some guns next as well as the undercart doors that are missing and then decide how to finish her,any ideas anyone

Pretty cool Bob! I enjoy the models you choose to post.

On another note, I think in post #9 I counted 4 tubes of glue in pic #1.

You're using that not sniffing it right?

thanks for your kind comments very kind,no i don't sniff the glue,some of the materials i use for my day jobs are a lot stronger and give me headaches even with facemasks

Good progress so far Bob. For the undercart doors, get some plastic sheet from a model or model railway shop, available in various thicknesses. Draw the shape of the doors onto the sheet, and cut out by scribing, continuously, around the pencil lines, until the part is free. To create the curve, you should be able to bend the part around a finger or, if having problems, heat it in hot (not boiling) water first.
If you can't get plastic card, then 'paper' card, such as found on greetings cards, might be easier, and can be laminated to increase the thickness if needed.

more progress tonight pics to follow shortly,can anyone give me a subject to finish her as please,it will be in two-tone green upper with light blue grey undersides as per the B of B if i have that right,

cheers bob

bob2329.jpg

bob2327.jpg

bob2325.jpg

bob2321.jpg

bob2319.jpg

sorry pics are a bit mixed up and not in order,basically they show progress so far,still lots to do including undercart doors and camo that i will probably do next,

thanks for looking

Last edited:
bob2340.jpg

bob2341.jpg

bob2338.jpg

bob2329-1.jpg

progress so far, pic 3 shows wojtek's tip of how to make windows in use and it works very well plus is easy to do,

thanks mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back